Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: FIM Superbike World Championship 2009  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Leo

Re: FIM Superbike World Championship 2009
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2009, 01:28:17 pm »
Anyone see Fabritzio take out Ben Spies  ??? WTF was he thinking.

Great result for Aprillia (1) and BMW (5)  :thumleft:
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:40 am »
Anyone see Fabritzio take out Ben Spies  ??? WTF was he thinking.

Great result for Aprillia (1) and BMW (5)  :thumleft:

Ja, not the best move ever...at least not team mates like hayden and pedrosa a couple of years ago.

that aprillia looked good the whole weekend...
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Kawasefi

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2009, 08:17:01 am »
I thought Ben was going to give Fabrizio a PK as he came running towards him  :laughing4:

Anyway, I'm mighty impressed with the RSV4. Everybody's making a big deal about BMW finishing in the top ten in their first season. The RSV is also all-new, and from a niche manufacturer without the financial might of BMW. Go Aprilia!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:18:44 am by Kawasefi »

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2009, 08:26:13 am »
Good racing, didnt watch all of it... But it was also the first time that I have seen Spies show any real form of emotion...

The Supersport race was also a cracker, sheesh!!!  :eek7:

Good for old moan-gat Biaggi...  :thumleft:
Maak soos Dr Phil sê: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2009, 08:39:41 am »
Supersport race was good too , morias did well i thought
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Do not go North of the Tugela"
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2009, 09:11:48 am »
Supersport race was good too , morias did well i thought

Morais did very well, I'm not sure it's usual to have a wild card ending up 6th in front of many Supersport stars.

Sheridan will be riding for Paul Bird Motorsport (Kawasaki) on the BSB round at Brands Hatch this week-end, replacing Tamada again.

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:43 pm »
From http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-wsb/biaggi-spies-will-take-the-title/7919.html

Biaggi: "Spies will take the title"
Roman Emperor says speedy Texan's too strong for competition

Posted: 25 August 2009
by Visordown News MAX BIAGGI has said that he thinks Ben Spies will win the World Superbike crown this year.

Speaking from his Monaco home, the four-times 250GP World Champion who is currently fifth overall in the championship standings, said: "On the prediction for this year in World Superbike I do not have any doubt at all. Spies has such speed and is so strong that I believe he will take the title this year.

"But there are a lot of stories about him leaving perhaps for a ride in MotoGP. What I would say to him is to study very carefully the technical offers before making a decision to leave WSB. If he is to go to MotoGP then he should do that with the best conditions possible."

Biaggi also talked about the rest of the season in WSB and the next stage of development for the Aprilia RSV4, he said: "Mentally I am very well. We are going to run at four tracks now that I don't dislike, we have tested at two of them but we've had some difficulties there during testing.

"In Portimao we made the first test but it was there that we realised we needed to do a lot of work. In Misano we underwent some changes but still had to find pace but now the motorcycle is not the one we had in Portugal and it has been developed and grown since Misano earlier.

"In Nurburgring or Imola we are going to try a new swingarm link. Before the start of the year we thought we would be about 8th or 10th in the championship so now we are already winners this year because of being better than that target."

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »
and: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-wsb/has-haga-given-up-the-2009-title-chase/7930.html

Has Haga given up the 2009 title chase?
Yesterday Biaggi, today Haga: Is everyone in WSB convinced Spies will win the title?

Posted: 26 August 2009
by Visordown News
Noriyuki Haga HAS NORIYUKI Haga accepted Ben Spies will be 2009 World Superbike Champion?

Speaking about the American, who has fought back over the season to reduce what was a 72 point deficit between him and the Japanese Ducati rider to just seven going into the last third of the season, Haga said: "I can't really talk too much about Ben and how he races on track because so far this year we haven't had much chance to race against each other.

"The way the races have been, we have seemed to be fairly apart on track. But what I do know about Ben is that there are no weak points in his riding."

Yesterday, Visordown reported how Max Biaggi said that the American would be this year's WSB World Champion; now Haga is saying there's no weak points in Spies' riding and the Yamaha man himself is just a handful of points away from taking the lead in the overall points.

It might be worth slapping a tenner on Spies now, if you haven't already.

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »
Who checked Nürburgring race 2?
Is Rea at fault?

Shit, looks like I'm the only one posting here... :-[

Wrangler

« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2009, 02:49:54 pm »
Who checked Nürburgring race 2?
Is Rea at fault?

Shit, looks like I'm the only one posting here... :-[

I think Rea was definately at fault.......wasn't cool what he did... >:(

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2009, 03:17:52 pm »
Ek dink ook dis sy skuld----maar daar het niks van gekom nie? Hys nie beboet of iets nie
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Dakarboy

« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2009, 03:24:05 pm »
Nope, Rea was in his rights there on that corner. Haga ran it a bit wide, then Rea came up on the inside on the racing line and they clipped handlebars when Haga oved back online.

BMW are really becoming more competitive. But what is with them always qualifying really well (in the last few races), but then having no pace for the feature race 1 and 2? Do BMW leave the bikes outside in the mainroad for trucks to drive over? Or is KTM involved in a bit of skullduggery here  >:D >:D  :laughing4:

Wrangler

« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2009, 03:33:44 pm »
I think that Rea might've got the line,but he definately forced the issue....but it ain't for me to decide.. :o

The BMW's are getting better,it was really up there in the beginning.......really like that bike...methinks Iwant to buy one when they come out.... :drif: :drif: :drif:

Offline Buller

• Race Dog
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »
I think it's 50/50 on the blame Rea vs Haga.
Rea took a lot of risk to dive-bomb Haga on the inside in what appeared to be quite a tight early apex for him.
Haga went in fine, but he really tightened-up his exit as to block Rea from over-taking.  My 2c.

But it's a race after all, things like that happens.
A pity for Haga, but now he really has to be faultless!

BMW S1000RR's progress is quite spectacular I think, and I guess they've got one of the best rider on the job.

Offline Dakarboy

« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2009, 06:12:37 pm »
I have heard quite a few people harping on about Aprilia and that their bike is also a new bike, so compared to the beemers they are doing much better....blah blah. BMW dont have a history of competitive road racing (modern that is, not counting Boxer engine etc:laughing4: :laughing4:)

Although having the financial clout of one of the biggest automotive manufacturers out there does help. BM just buy out smaller brands like Husky then use their technology in the G450x etc. Nothing wrong with that I guess. I must say Reuben Xaus has topped Corser on many occasions.

Offline Mikedabike

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2009, 11:42:57 am »
BM just buy out smaller brands like Husky then use their technology in the G450x etc.

Believe the 450X was designed and developed before the purchase of Husky was complete so its a pure BMW  :lamer:
"if your life were to flash before your eyes make sure it is worth watching"