2 Guys, 4 Kloofs, 7 days, 28 passes and 1650km

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailrider

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
I have just returned from a tour covering almost everything the Southern Cape and surrounds has to offer. We "criss-crossed" over 28 passes. We slept in historic houses, tents, caves and under the clear Karoo skies. We rode over stones, sand, mud, good gravel, bad gravel, tar and water crossings. We travelled in scenery ranging from the arid Karoo to the lush forests of Knysna. We visited Gamkaskloof, Baviaanskloof, Attakwaskloof & Bosluiskloof. Amazingly we did all of this in 1650km.

The idea was born out of a request I received from a gentleman in Gauteng who wanted to see the area, but did not know where to go, how to get there and where to stay. So we rode together and hopefully I added value to his trip with local knowledge, information, contacts and routes.

Over 7 days we saw almost everything between the Great Karoo in the North and the Indian Ocean in the South, Patensie in the East and Barrydale in the West.

(click on map and magnify for bigger picture)

We left as bikers, we returned as friends.

1 Honda TransAlp

1 BMW 1150GSA

2 Guys, 4 Kloofs, 7 days, 28 passes and 1650km

Day 1 of the Ride Report to follow...