@#$%^&*! Bike shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Kuun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
A particular non brand specific bike shop in Stellies has me up to my bloody vaseline lubed nipples!

1 year and 5 months later I still dont have a bike. I call twice a week and there is always the "we are busy with it right now" story. I know I said it is an oldish bike and I dont want to spend big bucks but hell, November they were done with all the "fixing". I went to collect and all looked well, started fine and I paid R5500 which included two new needle/seats. Halfway home I felt the bike was flooding badly and it was leaking from the carbs. Took it back. Now let me teach you something- ASSUME means making an ASS out of U and ME. I ASSUMED a mechanic would test a bike before handing it back. It took from Nov till today to get 2 more needle/seats in and they told me they had tested it and all was hunky dory. Got there, collected bone dry bike and hoped to make a fuel station. I didnt make it and had to push that 240kg cast iron blok. Put in R50 and tried to start. Nada! It would start but wouldnt pick up revs. Called the mac and he sent one of his macs to me. Took a look and he said "maybe it sucked in dirt from being driven bone dry". I looked and they never put the inline fuel filter back again. I popped a gascket and told them to come and fetch it and I got a lift home with my nephew on a Vuka. Left it there and will here in another 5 months if they have sorted it out.

Return to this shop in my lifetime again- NEVER. Been very unhappy with the service.