"Hoofseun" and a day on a CRF450!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malibu

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I get a lot of PM’s, generally people asking for suggestions on stuff, contact information, hints and things… all interesting, but nothing especially exciting… I got an exciting one last week.  Would I like to bring a friend and join the Honda Training Academy’s Dirt Riding course for the day… bikes will be provided… and there is a CRF450 with my name on it.
Now this is exciting!  So, I promptly replied with a BIG Yes!  As D is out of action, Misty was the next choice.  I contacted Hoofseun , who had not only made the offer, but would be the instructor on the day, and he made arrangements for a CRF230 for Misty.
I then spent the evening trying to find all my plastic gear, stuff I’ve not used in ages! 
Saturday morning, after bundling our left-handed photographer, Dakota,  into the car and collecting Misty, we shot through to the venue – Gerotek.  What a super venue!  Lecture Hall, Restaurant, etc… all set in beautiful gardens!  Coffee as usual for me is a must, so grabbed a cuppa filter.  Hoofseun welcomed us and after a talk in the lecture hall, we were introduced to our bikes.  I was surprised at the number of people at the venue.  There were courses being run for the bikes, the quads, the 4x4’s, and who knows what else.
To make a long story a whole lot shorter, we rode down to the training area, which was fantastic.  The level of instruction was superlative, with attention to minute detail very obvious.  The things that were pointed out to me certainly improved my performance dramatically.  The one-on-one training offered to anyone struggling with any particular exercise produced an almost instant improvement.  I’d say that anyone having this opportunity to participate on this course should certainly take advantage of it.  The pay-off is well worth the sweat on the day!

Attachments

• 100_2254.jpg
    100_2254.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 409
  • 100_2261.jpg
    100_2261.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_2287.jpg
    100_2287.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 100_2294.jpg
    100_2294.jpg