Chasing Sun part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hardy

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi there back again for the last installment.....hope you enjoy.

:) Now it was onto the last section of gravel road before the getting back to the tar road and the last 3 passes before home

Turn left to Ceres, next pass is Gydo pass.

Had some fun with the camera on the way, trying the ?on the move shots?. Also keeping the speedo inline with the tempreture gauge.

My riding partner for the day ( my shadow)

Main road in Ceres

Top of Mitchell?s pass, this time the down run. You can just see the bottom of the pass in the middle of the pic.

Then it was on to my Favorite pass, Bain?s kloof.

When you see a sign board like this you know you are in for some fun

I absolutely love riding this pass, all 2nd, 3rd and some 4th gear, nice and twisty with the mountain right next to you and the valley to your left,

Then it was down the other side, valley now on the right and mountain on the right, more fun

Tried to ride the bike onto the chicken strip, but alas the balls still need to grow.

Some pics of the area that I just rode through, you just have to love this country with all these stunning valleys and mountains, flat land, just look at the ride reports to see what I mean.

Now it was the homeward leg, 2 more small dirt roads and one more set of twisty road along Contemans Kloof.
Last twisty before home

All in all it was a great day, started in the rain and wind, found the dirt and sun together and had an absolute blast of a ride. :D :D

Total 495 km
6.5 hrs