Areas in South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inprogress

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
So I feel a bit ashamed to ask this, but thankfully I am discovering this for myself which means I will apreciate it more, than it being shuffed down my throat.

So there are many areas in South Africa (or districts, not sure how you describe them) that I have heard the names of, but most of the time, I have no idea where they are situated, or where to go look for them to learn more about them and the surrounding areas. I'm talking about words like: Die Swartland, Magaliesburg, Namakwaland, Boesmanland, Matzikamma (I think), Richterveld etc etc. So, where do I find out more about these areas and how they look and what they offer? I want to learn more. I want to know more. I want to make a trip exploring say the Richtersveld, then the Swartland, then the this and that.

So, please help. I only did geography till standard 7, then I had to choose what subjects (which I personally felt was stupid). So, cover me in inforation about our Beautiful country.