Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Left work early  (Read 832 times)

Offline Grootseun

Left work early
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:57:04 am »
Yesterday saw me taking half day in order to attend my mate’s wedding. I planned to spend the day in the office, catching up on some way-behind admin. Plans gets changed for me, and I was soon off to site to sort out other peoples k#k. Finished at 11am, a whole hour earlier than I expected, on my home I decided to do a “recce” just tom make exactly sure where the wedding venue is, so instead of turning right like I usually do into our street, I carried straight on towards the Pinehaven SASOL. The wedding was to be at the Cradle restaurant, so I followed the Brown Tourist signs pointing me towards my destination.

It took me Past the Sterkfontein caves onto the “cradle” road. It used to be such a nice dirt road, past the Lion and Rhino Park, but alas, in the name of development and tourism, the roads in the area, as Wino said is Quickly being tarred.

Some of the scenery along the road, which has some of the best twisties around jo-burg, with hardly any traffic at 11:20 am on a Friday late morning
I even saw a much-documented Stofdonkie…aren’t they qute…

And eventually one comes to a rise, at the cradle restaurant entrance with this view over the Randburg/Nothriding area…Pretty for Johannesburg.

That’s all folks,

On my way back saw a 12GS on his way to where I just came from… maybe he had the same idea as me…. Beats work…

Please forgive the cellphone pics.

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Left work early
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:27:42 am »
Now that is how to spend a friday afternoon at the office :D  :D

D7

Left work early
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 02:55:41 pm »
hey Grootseun

Your new bike looks good!!!   not sure if I wished you well before, and if I didn't, I am now. :)    Many safe & hassle free  K's to you.

What are those OEM tyres?

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Left work early
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:47:42 am »
during work time a ride just takes on a different dimension. so no stof yet?

Kev

Left work early
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:24:37 am »
Very good pics for a cell phone. I actually thopught it was a proper digi-camera, and if you had not mentioned it, I would be none the wiser. Yay for the Dust-Donkey!

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
Left work early
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:25:41 am »
Lekker GS. The bike sure looks good!
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Grootseun

Left work early
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:56:51 am »
Thnx for the comments,

D7, The bike was fitted with Michelin Siracs, pretty good tyre, on road handling is great, and the rear kicks ass on dirt, the front on dirt is not so nice..

Wino, I took the donkey on a short maiden dust ride the weekend before last. I turned right at the renosterspruit "shop" to see where the road leads, it looked nice on Google earth as there is a river crossing...(turned out to be concrete bridge) so i managed to do a little dirt.. but not mutch..and the odd footpath near where i live on the way to the shps... :D

I wanna do a PM ride this saturday nothing too serious just a couple of hours.. will see where i feel like..

Offline GIDEON

• Born in the year of the Tiger
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Bikes est dans mon sang
Left work early
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 11:03:04 am »
Nice report
My day today dont want to start, maby I need to do some riding, first have to trip someone on the steps. :twisted:

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.