Left work early

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
Yesterday saw me taking half day in order to attend my mate’s wedding. I planned to spend the day in the office, catching up on some way-behind admin. Plans gets changed for me, and I was soon off to site to sort out other peoples k#k. Finished at 11am, a whole hour earlier than I expected, on my home I decided to do a “recce” just tom make exactly sure where the wedding venue is, so instead of turning right like I usually do into our street, I carried straight on towards the Pinehaven SASOL. The wedding was to be at the Cradle restaurant, so I followed the Brown Tourist signs pointing me towards my destination.

It took me Past the Sterkfontein caves onto the “cradle” road. It used to be such a nice dirt road, past the Lion and Rhino Park, but alas, in the name of development and tourism, the roads in the area, as Wino said is Quickly being tarred.

Some of the scenery along the road, which has some of the best twisties around jo-burg, with hardly any traffic at 11:20 am on a Friday late morning
I even saw a much-documented Stofdonkie…aren’t they qute…
Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

And eventually one comes to a rise, at the cradle restaurant entrance with this view over the Randburg/Nothriding area…Pretty for Johannesburg.
Image025.jpg

Image027.jpg

That’s all folks,

On my way back saw a 12GS on his way to where I just came from… maybe he had the same idea as me…. Beats work…

Please forgive the cellphone pics.