The number plate issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doringboom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
(I am sorry if I am maybe repeating this issue.)

The following notice was forwarded to me (and all clients) yesterday by the dealer principal of Centurion Lifestyle. If this is indeed the case, it seems as if all bikes must have the standard car-size number plate and nothing less. Finish en klaar. The 60 mm bike-size number plate will not be legal anymore, despite SABS marking, number plate shop name, other codes, etc. ??? :mad:

“General Warning: Received from Dudley (organizer of 2Wheels for Justice):

Good morning, I have some disturbing news for all bikers.

The law has been passed that should a biker be caught without a number plate or a plate that is not prescribed as per the road traffic act, the vehicle will be confiscated and a fine and de merits will be imposed. The regulation states clearly that the letters of the plate may not be smaller than 75mm and bear the provincial markings and SABS standard stamp. The cops are on a mission to nail the superbikes, as they are said to be the culprits for small or no plates. This info is conveyed from a senior traffic official and we all know that once we are the target they will not have mercy. Don't even think of calling your lawyer, they are in their rights and within the law. Drive safe and be careful.”