I fell, he fell and where is Alice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
The takers.

Bakkie
Thump
Rone
Geoff
My Father in-law (later referred to as “my boy”)

Friday afternoon I went shopping with Thump. We bought booze, food, wood, etc. Then I got all the gear from the dogs and loaded the bakkie which my boy would drive to the over night spot!

Our trip started 08h00 on Saturday morning at Engen Humewood.
IMG_0056-1.jpg

Soon we were on the Kinklebos Road and it was nice to smell the gravel and the farms.
DSCN4955.jpg

I was still riding my bike when I noticed a fly flying around in my helmet. I opened the visor but it wouldn’t leave so I stopped and the fly left.
DSCN4959.jpg

Just as I was getting back on the bike one of the local farmers stopped and we started chatting. Soon Geoff came to look for me and the Rone. The farmer said that we should carry on for 2 km and then go onto his farm through a gate and up a hill and check the view. Great idea so off we went.
DSCN4945.jpg

Rone passed Thump and turned of onto the farm. Thump didn’t see him turn-off and disappeared into the distance. Anyway my self and Geoff the joined Rone on this green hill with a great view.
DSCN4961.jpg

Dubbledrift001.jpg

We waited for a while hoping that Thum would turn around but nothing. Thump was chasing Rone... (who he thought was in front of him.) Here we are admiring the view and looking for Thump.
Dubbledrift002.jpg

We then got back onto the bikes and hit the road. From here we went to Alexandria where we were hoping to meet up with Thump.... but nothing. I called his cell and eventually got through. Thump was still chasing Rone and already did the whole Woody Cape section. He was at Canon Rocks. When he heard that Rone was with us and that we still had about 40km to go he ordered some lunch.....
IMG_0092.jpg

We then hit the Woody Cape road from Alexandria.... this is one of the best roads... ever....
DSCN4969.jpg

IMG_0071-1.jpg

IMG_0078-1.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

One of the places where we stopped was Ocean View Campsites.
The View
DSCN4976.jpg

The Shower
DSCN4979.jpg

DSCN4981.jpg

Soon we were on our way again... Geoff closing the gate for us... thanks Geoff!
DSCN4987.jpg

DSCN4989.jpg

When we arrived at Cannon Rocks Thumps tummy was full and he was super excited to see us again.
IMG_0098.jpg

Don’t forget to vote
DSCN4990.jpg

Scrap metal anybody?
IMG_0094.jpg

From Cannon Rocks we headed back to Alexandria via a different road all along the hills. The weather was spitting some drops!
IMG_0101.jpg

From Alexandria we went through Emlangeni Game Reserve over the Bushmans River into Sibuya West Gate and over the Kariega River then onto the Southwell Rd and towards Grahamstown.

Kudu in the bush
IMG_0105.jpg

Kariega River
IMG_0111.jpg

Awesome Valley
IMG_0109.jpg

The Southwell Rd goes from gravel to tar closer to Grahamstown and then there is a awesome pass under Edgy and Big Dom’s houses!

We stopped at the start of the pass and I made a call to Edgy to please stop all traffic at the top of the pass so that we could have a nice clean and fast run into Grahamstown!
Dubbledrift006.jpg

The pass was great and we met Edgy and little edgy on the other side!
DSCN4999.jpg

My tankbag was starting to rumble and Edgy recommend we go to the Rat and Parrot.... Thanks Edgy food was great with plenty eye candy!

Thump and Rone having some fun
IMG_0127.jpg

Big Dom even popped in to say hallo!

Paulsky called just as we left the R&P and said he’s coming through for the night and that it’s pissing down just outside G-Town... the weather looked a bit touchy but it never rained!

From Rat and Parrot we headed North to the Sam Knott Game Reserve.
IMG_0134.jpg

We got to the campsite at about 5pm. Pitched the tents, opened the beers, drank the beers and started a fire....... pics to follow

but here’s a taste of what’s coming!
DSCN5006.jpg

DSCN5047.jpg

to be continued