Sunday 22nd Darling / Koringberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
I had a last minute inspiration to go for a ride today.
With all the Cederberg riding and planning , my own routes have taken a back seat.

On one of the past Alternative rides , we met the farmer who owns the road up Koringberg mountain , and he invited Wayne and I to come and ride on his farm one day.

Myself and Wayneh have long since wanted to go up this mountain , but we never got a chance.Well today I did.
What a nice Guy Teubus , the owner of THE ARK caravan park.

He tells me they are expecting 150 quads next weekend , that will be riding up the two spoor rocky road up the mountain.
They have camping at R20 per day or Chalets , or you can sleep in the barn thats also fitted out with beds.
There is a small swimming pool to cool off.

The guys that came up Porcelainberg will know what to expect of this type of riding , this road is just longer and the view from the Vodacom Tower at the point is 360 derees of sheer beauty.

A must if you enjoy riding up moutain passes.

The farmer Teubes and his wife Bregda can be contacted on (022) 4238153 or emailed on [email protected].

The are very bike friendly  , so if you do want to go up the mountain , just go and ask permission at the reception.

But lots of roads in and around the farm.I noticed 2 quads in the garage and he tells me he has a 96 Africa Twin.

Here is and aerial pic of the mountain.

I recon , we should go and stay over there on Saterday night and plan a lekker route in and around  his farm and Piketberg 4x4 trail.
I went back through Moorreessberg to our little pub and on through the back roads to Darling(Thats a bad road , not the sand , but all the bloody pot holes.I swear my teeth are loose.

Koringberg.jpg

I`ll put some more pics up in the morning.

The roads to and from are full of sand , but cool if you just pin the throttle open.