Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW Dealership not interested in doing business.  (Read 1650 times)

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
Re: BMW Dealership not interested in doing business.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:38 am »
I think the whole thing started due to the counter girl's attitude. Had she handled the situation better she would have made the sale.

How do you figure?

motoman said she was nice and it sounds to me that she tried to put some well intended humour in her denial. Besides she was only taking orders from management. Perhaps her bosses were in a meeting discussing whether they should give discount or not at the very same time motoman was in their shop ;D
oh the irony

Offline growweblaar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Somerset West
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:01 am »
If a shop is willing to give discount on anything, it means they were over-charging in the first instance ;)

masehare

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 09:45:08 am »
The suppliers AND customers should take note of this thread. See how the guy feels on the other side.

In the end the customer is free to buy anywhere he wants to.

Offline Carlos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
    • Design
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 09:58:56 am »
I think it's in mans nature (well in mine anyway) when forking out money to be made to feel a little special...yes it's the shops right to charge what they want, but in legal terms when you take it to the counter you accepting that offer and hence entering into a contract and with any contract it should be negotiable. It takes two seconds to say not on this item but if you buy a helmet with it we will give you 10%..or whatever..that special feeling...

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 10:00:48 am »
support how ever you want

he is happy buying from the other dealer so he is happy  :thumleft:

i for one also only support my dealer - the other bmw dealer in cape town (whom shall remain nameless) i dont support

i dont even go to oogle at bikes - if i want to oogle i go to auto atlantic and i'll oogle there

for me discount is not a reflection of good service

good service is a reflection of good service - and you trying to flag a sales person down for 15min as they jap-jap-jap with the other sales person about their weekend or their child's latest stool sample is not good service and i wont support them period .

Offline Skinny

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
    • http://www.tankgirls.co.za
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:29 am »
I found that it's always the guys with the big expensive 4x4's that stop right in front of the shop on the NO-parking zone... they're the ones that ask for (...rather DEMAND) a discount.  And when I politely deny - the item will be thrown on the table & they'll walk out, all offended???

That considering that I can't even AFFORD a car & have to work 2 full time jobs (...one night shift) to make ends meet?

You have the right to ask for a discount, I have the right to decline it, you have the right to shop somewhere else... but politeness is something I give freely!  ;D

GreenMamba1974

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:58 am »
I always ask for discount at my nearest dealership and I'm not ashamed to do it.
but it's because I have supported them for a few years now
I don't insist on it but I do ask for it, every time

If I go into a shop I have never been to before I might think twice about asking. I can normally sense who will accommodate me. It's no biggie if I'm wrong and they say "no". Good service is more important to me than discount anyway.

I don't agree that their behaviour warrants boycotting them. Perhaps you are merely embarrassed because your bumming was turned down. No need to lose face, just smile and shop elsewhere but don't hold it against them. Go back when you want to

+1

shark_za

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:51 am »
Peoples time is obviously worth nothing to them.
To go all the way to another dealer to get the same thing is just senseless for me.

GreenMamba1974

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:08 am »
i went to a quad shop in p.e that sells those xkulcha denims.  rone has a pair which look good so i am looking to buy.

helpful sales guy.  took my size off the rack and asked where i could try them on.  he told me to go around the corner and pointed me in the right direction.  no problem.  only there is no changing room in sight, only the toilet.  so i go back to the sales guy and ask, just to make sure if i went to the right place.  he tells me i did.  so on my way back to the 'change room' i hear a flush.  one of the staff had just taken a huge morning dump and it reeked big time.  the window in the bog had to be left wide open so privacy would have been an issue.  anyway, i couldn't go into the toilet, it stank.

i didn't say a word, i put the jeans back on the rack and walked out, wasn't rude or anything.  

i can't fathom this kind of thing.  they are selling clothing, have a decent change room ffs.  they've got the space.  even if they end up being 50% cheaper than anyone else i won't buy from them.  i am a customer, don't expect me to kruip into the toilets to try on your merchandise, especially one that stinks, then expect me to part with my money.

so it's not a cost thing, it's a service thing.

Offline Carlos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
    • Design
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 10:38:03 am »
There are courses that deal with service excellence! Why do people open shops and restaurants and just expect people to part with their money..would you open a dentistry with no training and expect people to come back?

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 10:48:57 am »
To go all the way to another dealer to get the same thing is just senseless for me.

maybe if you managed your time better you would have more time to take lekker long rides to go to dealers further away  :peepwall:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
I think the whole thing started due to the counter girl's attitude. Had she handled the situation better she would have made the sale.

Maybe she was only doing her job

This is the problem here in ZA, we dont teach our employees to think ..we dictate to them and forget that all ppl have a brain. I spose we are too scared that our employees will fork things up ,but then they should not work for us.

Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline JacquesM

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TW200
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 12:15:15 pm »

The point is good service has a price , if getting a discount on a pair of boots is your only criteria on evaluating a dealership , you may not be seeing the big picture. Convenience , professionalism and peace of mind that the item or service you are purchasing is right every time requires trained staff. They also come at a price. In the current economic climate companies that ensure that they provide only the best service at all times will survive , not those that have a strategy of having the cheapest price.

What about convenience, professionalism, peace of mind and discount. That's an even bigger picture.

Somehow we tend to think that all of them cannot fit into the same picture frame. That is simply not true.

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 12:22:25 pm »

this consumer attitude may explain why a Toyota Corolla (made in SA) is more expensive here than in Oz, to where it is exported...   :pot:

More seriously, any individual should make his own call: is it better for me to go to another shop and try for a cheaper price?  Several things should be considered in this decision: price, cost of driving around, time wasted, quality of service, quality of after service, quality of item (if different brands), etc.  The one thing that shouldn't be in the balance is ego...

In the end it is the client's money, and he can/should decide how he gets value for it.  I for instance regularly shop at a few shops which I know are not the cheapest, but I get brilliant service during and after the sale, and that makes my life a lot easier (and I'm willing to pay for that).

Finally, if you are in business, EVERYTHING is negotiable.  If you don't get that, I don't think you'll do all that well.  Just look at the great trading peoples of the world (most from mid- and far East).  Initially when I started negotiating with these folks, it also pi$$ed me off, now I enjoy the horse-trading and banter!  Again though, no ego, or you're lost...

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 12:47:54 pm »
Went to Pick and Pay to buy a regular item. It went up considerably so I sent a mail to Jonathan Ackerman stating it was expensive and I would now buy it from the Spar. Newt week the product was back at the old price at PnP.

I buy where I get the best deal end of story. Hearing this I would not go to the no discount dealer because he is expensive end of story.

Just got a pair of Fox 180 pants R300 cheaper from Russel Cambel than the guys here in P.E. Had it shiped down. I dont care if the lick my feet at the door here, they expensive and I order from elswhere.
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline FatOldSun

• Pack Dog
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 01:19:43 pm »
Last year, I took at GS800 for a test ride, at BMW Bellville, Cape Town.  Loved the bike, said YES, I want one.  Got the money, want it, want it now.   Can pay cash, right now, rather impulsive, but wanted the bike.   

Were told that there is a 2-Year waiting list, put me on the list, showed me that I am +- Number 110 on the list and they will call/Email me....

I am still waiting for that call.   

Needless to say, I am not going back there...  My money are good enough anywhere else but not at BMW dealership in Bellville. 
'celebrate we will cuz life is short but sweet for certain...'  Dave Matthews

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 01:23:52 pm »

Needless to say, I am not going back there...  My money are good enough anywhere else but not at BMW dealership in Bellville. 

You may be 43rd on the list by now

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 01:27:00 pm »

You may be 43rd on the list by now

or just ask hentiebm sure he can get you one in a week  :thumleft:

Offline motoman

• Pack Dog
  • Faerie Glen, Pta East.
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 01:31:44 pm »
I must make it known that the sales lady was very disappointed when I did not take the boots, I could see that she could not do anything about a better price. I donít demand a discount, I donít feel itís my right, I would like to support my local dealer and I feel they donít make it possible.

I will be spending

ē   Santiago Boots       R 3660-00
ē   Soft Bag (Luggage)   R 2200-00
ē   Tankbag         R 2200-00
ē   New rear tire       R 1800-00
            R 9860-00
Discount         R  -986-00

Zambezi is 20km from me and for a R1000-00 back in my pocket I will do the trip with a smile on my face.

I feel the dealership should build relationship with all there walk in customers.

When I walked into Zambezi dealer (shorts and t-shirt) they have a very friendly attitude and when I got to the accessories, told the guy what I want, they did not have stock so he will order for me and when I asked for discount on the boots he gave me 10% without blinking. I saw the soft luggage bag behind him and it was perfect for my trip next week to Botswana.

My point is not only the discount or the service; it is the relationship with a dealer.
All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 01:36:52 pm »
you must ask for discount

when i wanted to buy some boots i found some boots @ pat micor racing or something like that

but they did not have my size - so went to trac mac they had my size but price was like R200 more so asked if they could match the pat micor price and they gave it to me for R50 less  :thumleft:

and you remember these kind of things - when i want stuff i go there first  :thumleft: