I love my 1200GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Early this morning and as today is ?Ride your scooter to work day? I rode with sweet all problems along the N1, onway to Worcester to earn my daily bread.

As I took the offramp to the Du Toitskloof Pass I saw a fast moving light catching up from behind. A brand new Honda VFR 800 stops next to me at the turnoff to the pass. It?s been a while since I diced a flamgat on a supa bike so I signalled him to take the lead. And off we go. :twisted:

The adrenaline rush had me up in knots for the first few km up to the first U bend of the pass. Then I started to relax. The smooth and light handling of the GS made it easy to keep up with the VFR. I am sure the pilot did not like what he saw in his mirrors. A big yellow pig with knobblies just a metre or two behind him. As there is no straights in the top half of the pass for the VFR to use his higher top end speed this silly race was won at the corners. And it?s here where the superb brakes and handling of the GS won the race. :wink:

Epilogue 1
Maybe its time that those flamgats that write letters to BikeSA claiming that they are the elite of the elite realises that even a DS bike can throw spanners in their works. 8)

Epilogue 2
Any of the big litre glass trailies could have beaten that flamgat on his VFR800.
:oops:

Latest posts