BiG DoM - BIG OFF!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Thursday afternoon on the way to the Clanwillaim Outrider Bash (with Edgy, Throttle Jockey, Wolweseun, and Mello Yello) I came off BIG TIME about 40km from Calitzdorp on a gravel back road. Was probably doing 100km+ and something seemed to let go and seized vas turning the GSpot (aka Mothership) into an airborn heat seeking projectile ... and I took the heat on my LHS shoulder and leg and RHS elbow. Despite full ATGATT (Rallye Pro jacket, System 5 helmet etc) I am quite severly bruised but nothing broken that I know of, and a bit of concussion. I can count my lucky stars as could have been worse ... had earlier steeked it through Robertson Pass...  :eek: Long story short - got the bike to a farm, lifted with Edgy to Calitzdorp for the night, next morning the other WD's headed on and I had to sort the upliftment of bike by BMW Insurance to George and get back to Grahamstown. Bike may be totalled ... Throt Jock says the forks were bent but I did not hit anything so bike must have high sided? Valve cover holed, crash bars gone on that side! I do not remember much even for a time after the accident (was asking what day of the week it was!) - properly deur die kak - and I will post a pic that I found on my camera of the GSpot being loaded on a farmers bakkie ... I simply do not remember taking it!?? Anyway missed out on the other days lekker riding but hope those of you who were there enjoyed the jorl and return safely.

Pics of bruising day 1, day 2, and one for Buttism!

Attachments

• Bruises 1.11.jpg
    Bruises 1.11.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 598
  • Bruises 1.13.jpg
    Bruises 1.13.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 589
  • Bruises 1.12.jpg
    Bruises 1.12.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 586
  • GSpot Recovery!.jpg
    GSpot Recovery!.jpg