Afternoon...on the nek.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
So it seems Breedt’s was a popular place this weekend. I was indecisive about riding Saturday pm, as I was family-less for a couple of hours, then I was not so sure. And then I just went.

I really had no idea where to ride, as I did not really give it any thought. Well I suppose pinehaven is as good a place as any, passed the garage and west on the ventersdorp road. I did not make the usual right towards the Cradle, as I have been on this road a couple of times the last weeks. It then all started coming back to me.. The road to breedts we done in April this year. Down on of the most biked roads in JHB, enjoyed the twisties, then left towards bekker landbou skool, straight to the t-junction.
(As you can see I took careful notes on the exact route numbers I encountered.)

On tar for a short way, after encountering a vlamgat and his backwarmer. And then I took a dirt road right (I was not even remotely sure if it was the right one… but exploration is name of the game.)

Some nice easy dirt past some farms and eventually I come to a fork in the road…well, there are some hills to the right of the road, and ef-all to the left… so right it is, passed a farm where the farmer was patrolling on his kwat…

Then I came to this.

Image034.jpg

Image033.jpg

A sign of things to come?

Nice bloekom (eucalyptus) “Tasmanian oak” for LeonH laning. I stopped to have a drink of water, and the wind lightly blowing through the trees are really soothing.

Image035.jpg

The onwards and upwards. The road up is badly corrugated which makes for less traction. The on to the top.
The view…

Image037.jpg

The dude in the way of the view (just to prove I was really there)
Image036.jpg

Spent some time enjoying the view and having a coke.

Time to move on.

I went down the other side of the pass, almost got taken out by a wild farmer in a land-cruiser nogal waving his finger at me…WTF.. I am on the LEFT HAND SIDE of the road…

Then onwards on the R104 to harties. Passed the upper deck not one bike in sight…. I suppose 4pm is late to hang around the deck?

Took the normal route to lanseria home and made one pit stop.

After action satisfaction

Image039.jpg

Image038.jpg

It was a nice ride…2.5 hours, just under 200km…