Lesotho Debut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud500 (R.I.P)

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
As discussed in the "Planning a trip" section, the plan was to make my debut in Lesotho. Thanks to everyone for the input and info.

Me and my friend Sol(still to register here...) met in Harrismith this past Thursday morning as I am from KZN and he is from GP. From there we planned to ride to Golden Gate National Park where we would stay that night and also meet up with his folks, our support crew.(Spoiled we were, I know!)

Friday from Golden Gate into Lesotho and to Katse for the night. Then to Sani Top the Saturday and back home on Sunday.

But not all plans work out and here follows our story, through my camera lens.

My steed, packed and ready to go at 05h45 on Thurday morning. After 48 hours of non-stop rain I was relieved not to be met by a rainy start.
IMGP1118.jpg

After surviving wet roads through sugarcane plantations in harvesting season I made my first stop in Hilton to fill up. As I had started with half a tank. I also found out that luckily I took the alternative route (R603) instead of the N3, as there was a major cash heist on the highway.

IMGP1122.jpg

The workhorses for the weekend. Sol has twin Akras on his bike and the droan from them are truly sole stirring.

IMGP1123.jpg

As we approach the Golden Gate entrance you get your first view of the sandstone(?) cliff faces.

IMGP1125.jpg

What followed was a surprising stretch of road. Game viewing from a bike is truly amazing. We saw Blesbok, Springbok and Zebra. Then we came across this piece of tarmac, I feel slightly guilty for speeding a bit here...

IMGP1126.jpg

Someone didn't understand???

IMGP1130.jpg

Setting up camp in Golden Gate. It was still early and we planned to go for a ride in the area.

IMGP1132.jpg
[/img]