Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: '06 GSC on TV  (Read 1870 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline >Herman<

  • Race Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 3,718
  • Thanked: 22 times
  • If not now, when?
    • Botsepehi Consulting
'06 GSC on TV
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:22:53 pm »
TV schedule for the GS Challenge: [/b]

Thur 02 November 2006: SS1/CSN - 19:30

Fri 03 November 2006: SS2 - 07:00

Sat 04 November 2006: SS2 - 23:00

Sun 05 November 2006: SS2 - 09:00

Mon 06 November 2006: SS2 - 15:00

Tue 07 November 2006: SS2/CSN - 17:30

Thu 09 November 2006: SS2 - 05:00

Offline LuckyStriker

  • Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • *****
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 10,158
  • Thanked: 13 times
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:49:30 pm »
Thanks bla-bla

cellphone reminders set
 

Offline Welsh

  • BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • *
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 19,646
  • Thanked: 886 times
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:59:39 pm »
Yahoo,
This is one of the first "non bollox" threads today.

What the fark you boys been doin, is the sap rising or what!

Welsh  :twisted:
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.
 

Offline Lito

  • BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 3,110
  • BANNED TROLL
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 01:40:51 pm »
whaddya mean non bollox

the gs challenge is bollox!!!!!!!!!












now.... let me go hide  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
 

Offline LuckyStriker

  • Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • *****
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 10,158
  • Thanked: 13 times
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 08:35:14 pm »
Just watched to GS challenge on channel 21

AWESOME STUFF!
I am really impressed guys...well done

The footage was great and the riding looked spectacular. Congratulations to all who took part.

I recognised at least o face from the forum. watermat, why did you have such a confused look on your face :lol:

the sweeping classical soundtrack at the start of the program was a bit much but it all came together as I became more impressed with the scenery and the skill of the riders.

Though I may be a bit biased (I too ride a BMW) I really think the riding skills were impressive whatever manufacturer you support. I would not have been able to complete the really tough bits of the red route for sure (which doesn't say much actually :oops: )

Once again... RESPEK! and well done
 

Offline Welsh

  • BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • *
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 19,646
  • Thanked: 886 times
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 09:02:59 pm »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Just watched to GS challenge on channel 21

AWESOME STUFF!
I am really impressed guys...well done

The footage was great and the riding looked spectacular. Congratulations to all who took part.

I recognised at least o face from the forum. watermat, why did you have such a confused look on your face :lol:

the sweeping classical soundtrack at the start of the program was a bit much but it all came together as I became more impressed with the scenery and the skill of the riders.

Though I may be a bit biased (I too ride a BMW) I really think the riding skills were impressive whatever manufacturer you support. I would not have been able to complete the really tough bits of the red route for sure (which doesn't say much actually :oops: )

Once again... RESPEK! and well done


I was utterly unimpressed by last years coverage, so expected the same kak, this was actually good, job well done boys.

Welsh  :D  :D
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.
 

Offline Watermat

  • Pack Dog
  • **
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 313
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 09:04:56 pm »
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Just watched to GS challenge on channel 21


I recognised at least o face from the forum. watermat, why did you have such a confused look on your face :lol:



The cameraman caught me off-guard. I was looking for foreign objects in my boots (old army habit) and the next moment:

Hi, you're on candid camera! :D  :D
 

Offline Welsh

  • BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • *
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 19,646
  • Thanked: 886 times
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 09:10:13 pm »
Quote from: "Watermat"
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Just watched to GS challenge on channel 21


I recognised at least o face from the forum. watermat, why did you have such a confused look on your face :lol:



The cameraman caught me off-guard. I was looking for foreign objects in my boots (old army habit) and the next moment:

Hi, you're on candid camera! :D  :D


Were you the pretty one? I only recognised LEO?

Welsh  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.
 

Offline Adventurer

  • Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • *
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 17,087
  • Thanked: 1 times
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 09:11:03 pm »
Awesome coverage this year, much better than last year.
I saw myself, Watermat, Excaliber, Leo and Ufudo, though Watermat was the only 'face', the rest of us I recognise from the bikes, clothing and helmets.
After seeing the coverage, you guys that were not there can see how farking cold it was!
That chopper pilot had a jol!
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!
 

Offline Watermat

  • Pack Dog
  • **
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 313
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
Quote from: "African Welsh"
Quote from: "Watermat"
Quote from: "LuckyStriker"
Just watched to GS challenge on channel 21


I recognised at least o face from the forum. watermat, why did you have such a confused look on your face :lol:



The cameraman caught me off-guard. I was looking for foreign objects in my boots (old army habit) and the next moment:

Hi, you're on candid camera! :D  :D


Were you the pretty one? I only recognised LEO?

Welsh  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:


Yeah, raaaaiit at the end - my three seconds of fame.

Need a personal trainer to get rid of the permanent buff around my neck :D
 

Offline Welsh

  • BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • *
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 19,646
  • Thanked: 886 times
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 09:43:14 pm »
Quote from: "Adventurer"
Awesome coverage this year, much better than last year.
I saw myself, Watermat, Excaliber, Leo and Ufudo, though Watermat was the only 'face', the rest of us I recognise from the bikes, clothing and helmets.
After seeing the coverage, you guys that were not there can see how farking cold it was!
That chopper pilot had a jol!


I always tell my missus, come play chopper pilot.

Welsh  :D  :D  :D
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.
 

Offline Grondpad

  • Race Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 711
  • Thanked: 1 times
  • Ek laaik tiet kwaai....... :)
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:30 am »
Awsome! Awsome! Cant wait 2 go next year ! :P  :P
 

Offline JourneyMan

  • Bachelor Dog
  • *****
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 11,797
  • Thanked: 4 times
  • Pretoria
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 07:54:07 am »
Awesome coverage. That red routes was heavy! :shock:  Well done to all.

I think I saw Leo whilst sleeping in the tent? Moeg or moeg?
He who angers you, controls you.
 

Offline Grootseun

'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 07:59:20 am »
will have to look tomarraw night...

LMAO @ Welsh.... :D  :D ..HAHAHAHA...
 

Offline Fenderbender

  • Race Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    Location: Western Cape
  • Posts: 3,693
  • Thanked: 12 times
  • Robertson
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 08:02:27 am »
Yep must agree , coverage way better than last year. Actually saw myself
12 times . Dont know why the camera is always there where you dont want it!!
Well done BMW GAGSC 2006 !!!!
 

Offline Leo

'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:20 am »
Quote from: "JourneyMan"
I think I saw Leo whilst sleeping in the tent? Moeg or moeg?


Nope not me. Also though so for a sec, but I have a green sleeping bag, alla old army parachute colour green.

Just a glimps of me as I passed and waved at the camera!

Also saw Ufudo - he's gettinmg famous, and of course Patman was interviewed - the father & son insert!  :wink:
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!
 

Offline KiLRoy

  • Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 16,449
  • Thanked: 1266 times
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:50 am »
At the risk of pissing everyone off - and feel free to draw a circle in the sand - the following:

Generally a well made video
The dramatic classical music was a bit much
The focus on camaraderie was a bit shallow.  I fail to see the 'value' of people helping each other fucking their bike up for no apparent reason except peer pressure and egos.  But then again I have the same view of the 4x4 crowds too.  I use my 4x4 mostly to do something with, not to fuck it up for fun.  Maybe I'm just to stingy?  Helping each other out en route through Africa on difficult roads I can comprehent, but just doing it because everyone is doing it, in front of cameras just don't make sense to me - really.  I mean, it would be easier to do it with a mx bike?

Just not my cup of tea - not trying to offend anyone.

H
 

Oppad

  • Guest
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 12:42:07 pm »
I'm not the boss in the house so I could only switch during the Binnelanders ad breaks and right at the end.

Some of those skills on the big bonies were awesome (but as KiLer said, why not a mx bike, then).

Only really caught the last part with (methinks) overly dramatic saccharine music and befuddled looking Watermat, so can't really say without checking out the complete thing first.

Nevertheless, RESPECT in the meantime for some serious skills.
 

Offline KiLRoy

  • Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • ***
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    Location: Gauteng
  • Posts: 16,449
  • Thanked: 1266 times
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 01:17:23 pm »
Oppad, that letter in the latest Topbike mag about the KLR uncannily resembles your writing style??  Any comments or do you prefer to wait for your attorney?

H

Ps beer at Barbaroozas in The River after work?
 

Oppad

  • Guest
'06 GSC on TV
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 01:40:34 pm »
Quote from: "KiLeRSA"
Oppad, that letter in the latest Topbike mag about the KLR uncannily resembles your writing style??  Any comments or do you prefer to wait for your attorney?

H

Ps beer at Barbaroozas in The River after work?


My attorney will probably ask you why anyone would use a pseudonym if he is going to admit to the fact. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow, but don't think I'll make it today, thanks. Anyway, we're hijacking - back to the topic.