Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: yaartbrak takes to the road  (Read 329 times)

Offline yaartbrak

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I Lick U Stukkend!
yaartbrak takes to the road
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:59:03 am »
Sunday morning arrived, me and my Collar, was ready to go, bike had fuel in, luckilly this was done a few days earlier just to ensure that we are not going to get caught by the truck strike, tyres were pumped, two way communication was plugged in with new batteries, just in case the ones i put in on friday evening went flat, we were pchyced to get going, our virgin ride.... 8)

We hit the road just after 10, and then.......... it hit me, like a unlucky bug hitting my brand new visor........ i forgot the camera  :'(  :xxbah: Aaaaahhh well we were on our way, so i do apologise for not being able to supply photographic evidence, mmmmm, maybe NASA would be able to supply with their spy satellites ???

Ok so we hit the road towards the Zwartkop/Randburg turnoff, missed that one by a few km, and took the Lanseria offramp, and worked our way towards Sterkfontein caves, gee did this place change since i was there as a 12 year old, had a drink, and something to fill that hungry spot.

Once done we were going in search of Maropeng, which we found, why on earth do you need to pay for parking/entrance, when you have to pay for everything else in anycase, so we skipped that one, mainly out of principal, it just pissed me off.

After a few km i cooled down :dousing: and then the open road won again, now as i said previously i am still a virgin biker, and havent done the dusty roads as yet, so will hopefully very soon be able to join the pack of dogs on a virgin gravel trip.

We stopped on our way home at the in law's, and some idiot stole my bloody number plate of the bike, it just so pissed me off, why on earth would people do that, then i remembered we live in Africa.

So after a great day of riding it was slightly soured by having the number plate stolen.

Once again sorry for not having pics
Life is like a box of chocolates, your family and friends always steal the best ones!
BMWR1200GS - SOLD
BMWR1200RT - Loving it!

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Just a girl on a bike!
Re: yaartbrak takes to the road
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:31:44 am »
Bwahahahaaaaa, when you do dirt, the rock thief regularly steals your numberplates...  ask Dakota!   :biggrin:

They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline cono

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Wave Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:16:23 pm »
Sunday morning arrived, ..................We hit the road just after 10, and then.......... it hit me, like a unlucky bug hitting my brand new visor........ "

OK..so you want to one day become a Wild Dog and get to ride on gravel.

Rule 1. You plan in advance...GPS Cords, aper map, tent, water, cell phone and ..camera. You check batteries in advance. You lube up the chain, you check the tyre pressure and oil. You make sure that your numberplate is tied down tight. Check your wallet for a petrol card and some cash.

Rule 2. Planning and checking the day before allows you to hit the road before sun-up...this is the most beautiful part of the day.....and you can brag to dronk-gat friend how early you can actually get out of bed.

Rule 3. By getting up early you can again check you bike and kit.

Rule 4. Don't call yourself a virgin..it's embarrising...call yourself a newbie.

Rule 5. Never be scared to spend money... a lot of it goes to charity.

Rule 6. Be proud of yourself for actually riding with a number plate .... it's the right thing to do. Don't forget the license disk and possible bribe money...read Rule 5.

Rule 7. Why did you not invite other Wild Dogs on your ride. Read Rule 1 again.

Rule 8. You must now go back on the same ride again next weekend and take photo's of everything you saw and done...A Ride Report, Is Not A Ride Report Without Photo's.

Welcome aboard Newbie - Yaartbrak .... hope to see you at the Bosberaad on the 24th http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=28179.0

looks like you are needed there .....
ooooo goood,,,sacrifices and rituals,,,

so where do i get a virgin???
It's A Good Day To Die, But The Day Is Not Yet Over
.....there are far too many places to go ....

Offline malgat (RIP)

• RIP 17/06/1953 - 29/10/2009
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • IF WE LIVED BY THE RULES WE'd NEVER HAVE ANY FUN
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:18:38 pm »
ok,,,ok,,,ok,,,,newbie/virgin,,,all the same,,,

but being a true blooded bloubul like joost i agree we must have camera handy

nice report,,,,pity no pics,,,,u have been warned boet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leave your pillion at home but neva neva leave your camera or credit card,,

rule 8 must be adhered to at all costs

IEP KRUGER
Suzuki TS400
KTM 125
AFRICA TWIN XRV750

Offline yaartbrak

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I Lick U Stukkend!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:27:23 pm »
Ok nothing of this "virgin" stuff anymore, i am a newbie and very proud of it  :ricky:

I will most certainly take all your point into consideration next time  :deal: , but unfortunetely it wont be for a while as i am having some surgery done on friday which would keep me out of action, or being on a bike for a few weeks. But that would allow me to plan (according to the prescribed points above ;)) our next ride, I have already informed my Collar that she will be the camera "man". I cant leave the pillion at home she is the pillar to my quest, and she is the one that control the purse strings!

O planned my route so nicely on Mapsource and then when i wanted to download it onto the GPS, it says "Device Not Found" , now that really got me close to eating an easter bunny, maybe i should sell my current gps and buy something else, like a mapbook :laughing4:

Thanks guys and girl for the advise!!!!!
Life is like a box of chocolates, your family and friends always steal the best ones!
BMWR1200GS - SOLD
BMWR1200RT - Loving it!