2 XT's thru the Karoo and beyond.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooisand

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi fellow Wilddogs. I would like to present you with our RR of our resent trip tru the Karoo and back over the Swartbergpass.
This will be my first atemt at a long report so please bear with me...here gows....

The plans were made between me and Ysterklip to go on a trip tru the tankwa karoo and beyond. I had 5 days avalible for the trip so we did our best My total KM came to 1940km.
Plan: No plan just ride to ysters farm and then the plan start. So On Sunday 12 April 2009 at 9:00 I start my journey from my farm in Wegdraai to Prieska,Sodium Vosburg, Carnarvon to Tiervlei were Ysterklip reside.

KM came to 240 tar and 160 gravel

When I turn off at Sodium desaster strikes, the stand pipe of the bike broke off, what a bad experience.... now I must sit on the bike for aprox 240km Luckily Yster had all the nessesery equiptment to make the fix and a wall dubbled as a stand.

When I arrived there was a fellow WD But unfortunatly for him he traveled with his family by 4*4. Great meeting you Johan.

Attachments

• DSC00233.jpg
    DSC00233.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 499
  • DSC00235.jpg
    DSC00235.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC00230.jpg
    DSC00230.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 496