Cairo to Cape(Riebeek Wes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Temik

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
The whole thing started over a bottle of Chenin Blanc, and by the third one where on our way from Cairo to Cape Town.
I"m not a very good typer.2fingers looking for keys,swearing,retyping. I will try and give the basics, and let the pictures do the talking. :lamer:

Loading on Boetie"s farm near Piketberg
CairotoCape2009004.jpg

We were four guys,three of us,me Eswe and Gene work together at the same company and Boetie farms near Piketberg.
Because we didn't have an unlimited period of time shipping the bikes was out of the question,and we had them flown up to Cairo(BIG F@@RKING MISTAKE).Our quote was R25400 per bike, everything included, import tax as well.Of course we where spykerd by the Egyptians for another R3500 when we got our bikes out of customs.

When we arrived in Egypt the waiting game begun.Six days we had to wait, and was sent faarking everywhere to get signatures 25 in total.We had carnies but it meant nothing to these people, they don't even have computers at customs or at the traffic department.So with time on our hands we did a bit of sightseeing in and around Cairo.

DSC00773.jpg

CairotoCape2009010.jpg

The view from our hotel the first three days
CairotoCape2009006.jpg

Beautifull skyline
CairotoCape2009007.jpg

Street in Cairo
14.jpg

13.jpg

Looks a lot better next to the Nile
10.jpg

The best beer on the whole trip.But farking expensive R50 a beer.In the off sales it was R35
9.jpg

View from our next hotel. Sunday so the traffic was not to hectic.
CairotoCape2009012.jpg

Waiting game
DSC00805.jpg

Then finally on the Saturday after a whole week we got our bikes.
DSC00806.jpg

Because we missed the boat to Sudan from Aswan we included Hurghada and an extra day in Luxor in Egypt.
The dessert road we took to Luxor via Farrafara was really very nice,beautiful scenery.The only down side was no dirt roads, everything is tarred.We slept the first night in the  white dessert . Nearly froze my balls off.
CairotoCape2009016.jpg

Petrol station R3,30/L
CairotoCape2009017.jpg

Water break
DSC00841.jpg

Camping first night white dessert
CairotoCape2009030.jpg

CairotoCape2009029.jpg