Sit up and Beg- the exploits of XRV-Boy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRV-Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
It was with some trepedation that I headed to Kilarney this morning as it is not the natural home of the more civilized DS bike, instead it is the playground for as one instructor put it "Okes with small D$cks and big engines" Yes trackday at killarney is an interesting afair, I went with the intention of picking up a few more skills and just having good fun blasting the old AT down the straights,

The Day is devided into 3 parts or sections there is a biggeners coarse for those that had never been round the track and do so at a slower pace and then naturaly a medium and Fast section, each section is alloted a 20minute timeslot and is followed by marshalles at a 4 bike interville to ensure that people dont overtak on the inside or through corners, nedless to day this happened anyway and there where a few peaved punters, one oke even wheelied down the main straight! but thats another story, let me get to the ridding

Killarney is a shortish track about 3.4kms with 4 corners and a long back chicane type effort which is actualy two small right handers which create a sort of gaint right hand turn, anyway my first lap was a little spiky as I had about 23 superbikes wizzing past my ear doing around a million km/h (seriously if you hit a brick doing that speed you are bokvel toe) anyway I took it easy for the first session, nice and smooth throught the corners and then gunning it up the main straight only to slam onto the breaks for the first left hander, In between the first and second session there is anther meating if you will where the instructors point out certain things that can be improved on, although becuase this is mostly for superbikes its not that usefull to us DS clan, that being said there where one or 2 GS's in the Medium pack giving it stick and one lone Katoom in the Fast group- he must have fitted that thing with slicks and put nitrous in the tank becuase those okes move it,

I understad that we are of a off-road nature and that shooting around a track at a billion milles an our is not what we aim to do, we as one of the guys on the GS said "have to sit up and beg" when going round the track compared to the superbikes, One thing for sure though wether sitting, begging, neeling or just taking it easy it is a hell of a lot of fun, even though I was doing the speenlimit for most of the day its an experiance and I would strongly recomend it, R300 well spent,

PS unfortunetley I dont have pics yet will try and put them up tomorrow :thumleft: