woody cape ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GreenMamba1974

so captain slow and i decide to take a ride out to cannon rocks through the woody cape area.  it is a perfect day, especially after the last two days of wind and rain.

we left port elizabeth and headed straight to colchester for fuel and to draw money at the atm. 

the dirt road riding started at kinkelbos.  the roads were very dry considering it had been raining on and off for two days, only a slippery patch here and there, but i took it slow with my smooth tyres while captain slow and his fancy gs1200 raced off out of sight  -  AGAIN  8)

522583212_586q7-L.jpg

here are a few pics of the surrounds.  it is a pretty dairy farming area mainly.  there are a few crops growing here and there, don't know what they are growing but they sure know how to plough straight round these parts.  :mwink:

522584257_U2863-L.jpg

522582926_Y4PZg-L.jpg

522583626_i9SbW-L.jpg

522580200_hsA6x-L.jpg

522580000_ALmwj-L.jpg

that's what you'll see if you take this road  ;D to the left we have some trees, and to the right we have some grass ... ....  and some more trees and grass ... ...

and a cow or two of course.

we stopped at cannon rocks for some lunch.  very nice little place, unfortunately they do not have a liquor license so hot chocolate had to do.
a quaint and arty little coffee shop.  the only thing that was worrying was the male mannequin they used to show the way to the toilet  :eek:
quite homo in a disturbing way, the kind of thing george michael would get excited about  :p

522575966_2NXuo-L.jpg

522576495_ozmAQ-L.jpg

522575700_AoW8x-L.jpg

the offending/moffie toilet mannequin  :biggrin:

522575386_T55mF-L.jpg

the shipwreck at cannon rocks is now completely gone.  someone, somehow got it cut up and removed. 
all that remains is this large pulley.  rusted to hell and gone, it still has it's gearing intact.

522574063_gfXXx-L.jpg

the cable is still there, thought that should have rusted away by now.

522574495_AGg46-L.jpg

we then decided to head to grahamstown by dirt road.  i kitted up and rode out to wait for captain slow to catch up.  after waiting for about five minutes i thought cappie's bike may have not started or something.  so i turned around and rode back into the car park to see what was up.
according to cappie he moered over on right hand side in front of everyone at the restuarant.   :D  and got caught under his bike   :biggrin:
the customers at the restaurant came to his rescue and no harm came to either bike nor rider  :D 

if only i had been more patient, i missed a good photo opportunity there.  :mwink:

so headed to alexandria, took a right on the coastal road to port alfred then hooked a left on the southwells dirt road to grahamstown.

the southwells road was easy, even for a strom with smooth tyres.  hard, dry and in very good condition, i was able to do 120 kph without much drama, but stuck to about 100kph.  as usual captain slow was 'vikkeling' ahead.  cappie the point of dualsport riding is to smell the roses along the way  8)

southwells road - easy dirt road

522571986_DDHki-L.jpg

obligatory pic of me scoot.

522571536_CHvpC-L.jpg

the captain at the helm

522572571_pje6E-L.jpg

we then pulled into grahamstown for gas and road home on tar.   the ride was good, the weather was brilliant but would like to have planned better, instead of a last minute, where are we riding today scenario.

no more pics, and not a real ride report, more of a day ride with pics, but good to try my hand at doing a report, and hopefully a proper one in time to come!

cheers

'mambabirthdate