V’s Normal Route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splash

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Via a friend, was invited to join V on a route that he normally rides. It turned out to be a typical Sunday morning outing, which from racing, was like ‘Driving Miss Daisy’. However, it was most pleasant. We never got up to any death defying speeds and did not even leave the province. Was it satisfying? Yes, exactly what I had expected and needed to do.

Guess the route is V’s favorite and is often ridden by him. Not bad for variety. We did a bit of tar (unfortunately), some railway service roads, dirt roads, a pass and a little trail. Not bad to get the muscles loose and the body warmed up.

The ride was particularly interesting as we were accompanied by a Vuka 125. It coped well and, dare I say, had as much fun as one would on a much bigger bike.  It just shows that one does not need to have a fancy bike to enjoy some good offroad riding. It did take its time getting up Breedt’s Nek, so did I. I could have gone a little faster, what for? We all enjoyed the same view in the end.

We stopped at Magaliesburg Wimpy for some coffee. Sitting there in MX kit was Russell Connelly and friends. To my amazement they had ridden on dirt bikes, from Maraisburg (“Johannesburg”) and were on their way to Hartebeespoort Dam, and then still planning to ride back. What an adventure. There are more trails than I had imagined. His speed must have been fairly high, though.

While riding had time to look around and to even contemplate the meaning of life. It would seem to me that life would have little meaning if it did not include a bike. Bike and be happy. My philosophy to good living -- and take a little time to enjoy the scenery.

Attachments

• VRideBreedts5.JPG
    VRideBreedts5.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 102
  • VRideBreedts8.JPG
    VRideBreedts8.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 99
  • VRideMagalies2.JPG
    VRideMagalies2.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 99
  • VRideRest3.JPG
    VRideRest3.JPG