Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: X-Challenge does MX  (Read 280 times)

Offline Splash

X-Challenge does MX
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:06:48 am »
Frog has a new bike and wanted to do a little technical riding. He is the proud owner of a BMW 650 X-Challenge. Managed to try the bike and it is impressive. Felt like a dirt bike. Would not like to have to pick it up though, it being a bit heavy.

After some farm tracks and service roads, a long dirt road felt boring. We were not far from Maniax in Tarlton. Time to test the bike on their mini-MX track. Frog got a good workout after five laps and was happy to move on. He did manage to expertly launch the bike and land it.

It may be an idea to have a fun day / training day at Maniax some time. Some feedback would be useful if you are interested. Could also make it part of a Tarlton ride.

Ended up at Wickers for some brunch and celebrated another great day of riding. 
Have bike, will ride.

Offline Splash

Re: X-Challenge does MX
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:07:17 am »
More
Have bike, will ride.

Offline Frog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: X-Challenge does MX
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:58:15 am »
Thanks Splash, Had a great day out and thanks for the photo's.
B.T.W. with me still trying to get the front suspension set up, when I got home I thought I would check the tyre pressures. (I did not check the pressures before we left as the tyres were fitted 2 days prior) The front was at 2.5 bar! (should be 1.8) which could explain why the front was hopping about over the ruts. Perhaps the suspension set up was OK but tyre pressure was the problem. Will do some more testing.
For those of you you have not riden with Slash for a while - he is really flying! All the practising is obviously paying off
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)