MX with a difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This morning I went to watch my daughter and her friends doing their riding, which kept me out of my riding, and thought that this ride is very relevant to this forum and therefore I take the liberty of sharing this 'MX with a difference" report.

It goes much like the real thing, finding the kit, packing, getting to the venue, making sure that your "bike" is serviced and the engine and suspension correctly set up for the intended riding conditions.

Horse2.jpg

The pit area is a hive of activity with mechanics discussing little secrets and doing final adjustments.

Horse4.jpg

Take the correct line, look where you are going, move your bum forward or backwards, depending on the slope and obstacles, and ride the F@#%^$ thing!

Horse3.jpg

Performance is great if you commit and know how to ride the whoops - made me think back to LITO's "Landing the Litre Class bikes" stories.

If the rebound on the back shock is out, you can easily go over the handlebars.... Easy on the front brake here!

Horse1.jpg

I enjoyed the day out there, and will catch up some proper riding as soon as time permits. The 990 has just had it's 7500 km service - ready to rock and its much lighter than the bikes my daughter rides. It's just a matter of proper suspension set-up!