XRV-Boy VS Mudmoster :Mudmoster 1 XRV-Boy 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRV-Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
As I had never been to the infamous Quarry before I descided that it was high time that said quarry be investigated. So LS and a few of the okes descided to investigate.

10 am and due to the fact that I had never been before and needed directions we met at Kriges the natural home of most of the WC dogs. We left Kriges and headed towards th quary on the durbanville hills road until the turnoff to the N7 and the continued down the N7 until we got to the quary turn off where we where joined by Leftless and one or two others (Sorry but memory has failed me a bit) It was avery beautiful morning for ridding and I was enjoying stretching the bike a bit.

What followed after we arived at the turnoff will forever be implanted into my memmory and my right leg, I being the novice amoungst the group desided that I also had to join everybody (who where having onder die boom beraad) on a little hill just above the road under the trees by the turnoff. now the embankment had become rather muddy with all the rain- no matterevrybody else had managed to go up without a hassel, And I figured Yes you have a AT which (im thankfull to say is a beautifull bike and had it had I had more momentum would have cleared the hill) so there I was half way up the muddy imbankment when the mud descides that it realy likes my new anakees and the bike with unsespecting XRV-Boy on the top looses momentum and was quickly claimed by the mud monster!! I toppled over before I even had chance to say V-Twin 750.  In full view of the other dogs who thankfully saw my predicament and rushed to my aid- Gentleman all of you - I owe each and every one of you a beer

Once we had put me back together it was time to head into the actual quarry- which sounded easier than it was (well atleast for me that is) You see Anakees are fine for tar but I dont know what michellin where thinking when they said it was a 50/50 tire ITS NOT!! DEEP SANd Avoid, the Twin became a boat and I had to resort to paddling, swearing and general reving of engine which produced much sand and dug the bike deeper into the predicament.

Enter knight in slightly brown armour Lucky Stricker thanks dude who helped me wrestle myself and my bike through the worst bits of sand and onto the smoother more compact dirt and clay. O how I envied those with knobblie tires (note to self get some fken Knobblies).

Once I had successfuly navigated the trecherous sand pit of doom and fought off the Mud monsters eveil cousin the sand monster that tried to claim the life of my already tormented AT (thankfully I was able to correct on the numerous occasions that we newarly toppled over). We where greated with a sight like no other a gaint for lack of a better word clay pit where DS bikes could frolic happily to the sound of petrol powered bliss. Here LS's Xchallenge came into its own along with Leftless on his BM and two more KTM 990's and LS buddy with the KLR 650 (which kept shedding bits of itself) where able to play with gleefull abandon. I was so tired from dealing with the quicksand debackle that I just watched for a good few minutes, sance ATGATT as it had sudenly become about a 100 degree's inside my helmet and jacket I just watched with open eyes and droped jaw as the Dogs did what they did best.

At some stage LS went over the handlebars (unfortuneltey I was not there to see it) and broke his mirror cleen off the bike. He also did a bit of a photo shoot while jumping his bike. I hope he adds those photo's to the RR as unfortunetley I did not have my camera with me ;-(.

Anyway back to the RR, after a good hours play we descided to head back to kriges for a selebratory beer, on the way back Leftless dispensed some valuable ridding tipps (Thank YOU) they realy helped me controll the bike alot better through the sandy sections and in the mud on the way home. The ride home once we wher back on the Tar was also very enjoyable with a few good tristies over the nek. People in the passing cars gawking at the 6 mudd splattered and damaged bikes, - here was the real thing no long way down lookalike posers- just a bunch of guys doing what they enjoyed most.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that came with and helped throughout the day, you have tought me many valuable lessons, I look forward to the next ride :thumleft:

PS; as stated before I sadly dont have any pics but I know LS did take one or to so hopefully someone will post a few.