Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mirror Kicking  (Read 997 times)

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Mirror Kicking
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:30 pm »

Go for him, ride him of his bike, clap him with a door, throw him with a brick.  :thumleft: >:D :biggrin:
:mwink: Once as kids we were up and down the road on a KDX, this neighbour runs out his garage and throws a 27mm spanner at us shouting:" There are kids playing in this street..."
 :imaposer:

:laughing4:
I think you should ride 200kph to catch him and then when you do you should give him a stern lecture on riding ethics.
Isnt that what your hero would have done?

:imaposer:  yip that's our hero

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Our hero was too slow, got caned by a 525... :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline KtmMick

• Pack Dog
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 07:30:32 pm »
I agree bikers shouldn't do that................ but I must ask for forgiveness a Taxi last week started  to move over as I was passing on the inside of him (he was in outside lane) I gave him a toot and he still moved over so backed off then got up the inside of him and twatted his mirror.

Sorry Mr Taxi Driver for my sins...........NOT!

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 10:31:08 pm »
I agree, i also try to make space for fellow bikers not matter if i have to drive the crooaza over an snoek wagon on the side of the road, but dont think becuase i am in cage for that day , that I am not a biker. And try your mean roadbike tricks and cannot let you pass because i am driving battlestar galactica...en ek ry jou bike so plat jy sal tappets met hom kan stel of kite vlieg onder n mat as jy my spieel raak as ek nie anders kon nie.
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline Butch

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 07:20:02 am »
...ek ry jou bike so plat jy sal tappets met hom kan stel of kite vlieg onder n mat...

Daar leer ek ook nou nuwe sęgoed.  :biggrin:
Live and let live.

Offline Boertjie

• Race Dog
  • The older I get, the faster I used to be!!
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 07:25:23 am »
Buddy of mine in Gauteng... now mostly a weekend biker... He was driving his cage on the Ben Schoeman and a biker kicked his mirror. He went to the traffic monitioring services and got the video off their CCTV system, laid a charge and the biker was eventually arrested for vandalism / malicious damages to my buddy's property.

Let the fuckers suffer!!
Dagaty!!!
Boertjie weg.

BMW R1200GS, Honda Varadero XL1000V

Offline Plaashaas

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 07:36:10 am »
I think stofdonkies must buy smaller cars to assist all bikers
Current rides: F800GS x 2

Id rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 07:51:07 am »
Years ago when I were still a laaitie an old soutie biker gave me this advice.
You get bold bikers and old bikers but very few old and bold bikers.I did not think much of his advice then but today it still sticks in my mind after many of my biker friends lost their lives on
their scoots. I remember my friend that jumped onto his bike to run to the cafe quickly during working hours, hitting a drunk pedestrian and ended up severly brain damaged.Very aggresive young man and rider,EP rugby player everything going for him.Saw him years later walking the streets in Uitenhage like an epileptic stickman not remembering any of us. More biker buddies
lost than I got fingers, one died before my eyes.I remember being stopped very pissed 01H00
in the morning on the highway outside PE by some cops.I tried to be clever and just hold onto my bikes rear crashbar to stop swaying all over the place but the cop noticed and told me to stand away from the bike resulting in me falling down the grass embankment and rolling to the bottom and unable to climb back up. They had to drag/carry me up again.
I think we had a different attitude towards biking then. I have never had the opportunity to ride any of the new generation bikes but shudder if I read the horsepower and speeds these things put out today.Off course handling , brakes and tyres also improved. Maybe it is the age thing now but I am to mellow a rider today to look for a scrap with a car. I have survived the aggresive years and are now in defensive riding mode all the time.Enjoying the ride and scenery more than the rush of speed and adrenaline. But sometimes.................!!!!!!!  I miss climbing of my bike with my hands shaking a little and a stupid giggle.

subie  O0
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline Ian

• Pack Dog
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:54 am »
Maybe it is the age thing now but I am to mellow a rider today to look for a scrap with a car. I have survived the aggresive years and are now in defensive riding mode all the time.Enjoying the ride and scenery more than the rush of speed and adrenaline. But sometimes.................!!!!!!!  I miss climbing of my bike with my hands shaking a little and a stupid giggle.

subie  O0

I agree subie. I read your post with a smile on my face. I am in the same gategory, an old biker (30 years of big bikes)
We all have skeletons in the closet about our biking behaviour and looking back, we can not change the things we done. Road rage can be a terrible thing and should be punished. The mirror kicking incident is just that. Was guilty of that as an appy, but I was caught. As an appy, I battled to pay off. Never did it again, though. Ha ha ha
Besides the Dakar, I also have a GSXR 750 and I love to take it out every now and then, and be 18 again and climb off with my hands shaking a little. Wild at heart or just a hooligan that never grew up.

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »
I do not get the whole mirror kicking thing.The only reason they attck the mirror is they can ride away afterwards before getting a PK.
If I lose my mind and actually want to moer something ,then it would be the owner of the mirror.I mean what sort of satisfaction could you get giving a mirror a kick?????
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Offline Vonkie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 01:05:25 pm »
Try it you will be surprised  >:D

Offline EssBee

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:41 am »
Subie, thanks for making me laugh, man, you remind me of my early 20's. That was baaaad, but we survived!

Why are people so aggro when in their car or on their bike? I've learnt to restrain myself...when in your car/on your bike, conduct yourself as if you were NOT in your car. People seem to think they're invincible in their cars, on foot as such...different, not nearly so brave...why?