Meetings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
You know, sometimes, well, very rarely, you get up early and before you know it you are 45 minutes early for that 9am meeting in town.

What to do? Coffee at a cafe? Get there early and look like a dork?

Nope, neither, that's why I ride a 950. You get to go see things and do things when you could be a brainless corporate dude.

So, lets check out the hill behind Seapoint, there must be something interesting there.

Mmmm, wonder where this track goes, looks very iffy, lots of grass. Oops, don't think I'll be able to turn around on this one.

The track was going back towards town not far from the noon day gun and then turned uphill.

Well then just have to see where this goes....

I got stuck going around a log and then had to cut the engine as the front brake would not hold it so had to use the engine as a brake while using both feet to keep it from going down.

Only had my kuk phone camera with me.

103267165-M.jpg

It was a mission to get going again with all the grass ruining traction so a bit further up I dropped it.

This was after I picked it up still going up hill.

103267095-M.jpg

Now it was getting serious. Bit more pressure now that I had a bergie as an audience. You could just see him thinking "what the fuck!!!???"

I dropped it again going over a log, the back slid out and I couldn't catch it, but at least I could see that possibly I was going to get out of this.

103267109-M.jpg

Right, heading back down I went back through the Eucalyptus trees...

Another mistake, the leaves are very slippery, and I couldn't go straight down as there was a huge drop off that I had to get around, so I had to go sideways through the forest...

103267120-M.jpg

Finally back into rush hour traffic and made it to the meeting with 2 minutes to spare.

I had to go stand over the aircon as I looked a little, "tired". I was sweating like a pig.

Colleagues thought I had had an accident and couldn't quite digest that though I had fallen off 3 times that this had been fun, "are you sure you are OK, not concussed?"

Commuting is sometimes the least boring part of my day!