Waterberg Recce -Rain-Hail-MUDMONSTER --ALL in One.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
So this week -end 5 of us left for a Recce Run to the Waterberg to check out a new Bush Camp with a tented Area on top of the Mountain with a Boma for Future rides. We would meet Tags at Rooiberg who was on his way from Pietersberg. All in all everything started out well--everyone was on time ;) The weather looked nice and i tought we would be in for a great days riding ::)

Kevin--non WD Enjoying the crisp and cool morning ride---so far.

Brett on the XR. Little did we know that this bike would be in its Element later in the day.

Malibu--let waaing--NOTE the DARK Clouds in the background ::)

Martin in HOT pursuit of Malibu.

Brett and Kevin riding Sweeper.

Refreshment at Droesloot---before the Heavens opened up.

We had hardly left Droesloot and the Heavens opened up and flooded  the road ahead of us within seconds The hail also belted us like there was NO tomorrow.. The water was running down the road like rivers and most of the riders forund the going very tough. Up till now we had ridden fairly decent roads. About 3km futher--nothing except for dust. We all survived THAT one.

Rooiberg--Tagsy was alos on time and had already eated breakfast.

Koekepan at Rooiberg.

After a great Brunch we set off for Marekele and Rankins Pass.

Things were now again starting to look DARK out there.

The THUNDER did not sound too promising in the Waterberg Mountains ahead of us. Could see the odd flash of lightning as well in the distance. Of course--hoping we would miss it. ???

WHY i stopped to look at Game while THE storm was about to engulf us ??? I havent got a Clue?

The LAST of the DRY WD's

HELL broke LOOSE. for the next THREE hours we rode in RAIN-WIND-MUD-and ask Malibu SAND--THICK Sand. At one point Brett and i stopped and i heard him shout something under his helmet about a FERRY or something. Thought my parayers had been answered and that there was a ferry somewhere we could get on and get out of this MESS. Meanwhile he i found out at the next stop that he had Old Brown Cherry with him. A s you know being a tea and coffee guy myself ::) i deceide to have a swig --MAN that stuff warmed my frozen limbs up immediately.

We eventually arrived after the Massive storm at the Lodge and settled down to HOT showers and DRY clothes.

Our Accomodation. Malibu was in her Element and could not beleive our Luck :mwink:

Peace and quite after the Storm that night promising a great next day.

Morning has come and the dogs get ready for a day ahead--after a Hell of a Night of Fun -Talking-Eating and in general just enjoying one anothers great company.

Tagsy's Left over diner he cooked--Trying to escape from the pot.

The Natural Spring on the property.

The stone Cottage that sleeps four in the Mountain.

The Tented Camp where i will be taking a group out in the next few weeks. ;)

On the way home--saying our goodbyes --Untile we ride together again. :mwink:

Unfortunatel we had our hands full just staying on the road in the storm and had n o time to even think of taking pics, It was more important to just ride the storm as they say.

To all who rode--Awesome bunch--I have Never seen more determination and Bigger grins after we had ridden the and conquered the Storm--Well done  :thumleft: And for Malibu -You did extreemely well and never did i hear a peep from you everytime you parked your bike horizontally In those Sand roads. We all including myself learnt a ton from the expereince we LIVED through. Will gladly ride with anyone of you again. -- You too Tagsy-thanks for making the effort to ride down and join us --Just one word of advice--LEAVE those leopard print underpants at home--Had nightmares just looking at them.
Amazing how different people from different walks in life can get together and Enjoy and Capture a moment in time---Never to be reapeated againg. 

And not forgetting Renier-Cough-Cough- Hope you are feeling better. Next time--you would have had a blast on that scoot of yours :mwink: