CT to Noordoever via Rightersveld via West Coast DAY 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTM BIGGER

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It all started off here loading the bikes and saying goodbye to my son and wife before the long trip. So the plan was in brief to reach Springbok early and then off load the bikes and do a 300 km loop via witbank to Noordoever. That is CD in the photo, me getting him to do all the dirty work.
1it9.jpg

My son wanted to tag along badly as he kept on helping with the loading.
We used my best friend CD bakkie for the transport and backup vechile with the fuel and first aid kit.
2nt4.jpg

So if you need any good reliable sparky to do and electrical work he is the man for the job. CD is his name and phone number on the bakkie.
We left home and headed off to Jurg office in Parow Industrial. Traffic was hectic this time of the morning coming from the south. Took all the short cuts that we could find. Not far now from his office and we sat bumper to bumper.
CD shouted ' Die naaiers steel die sak!' at first he thought they were catching a ride on the towbar but then they took my kit bag which had all my gear in estamaded coast R10 000. Lucky the bag was to heavy and he took three steps and fled without the bag.

At this stage my heart was thumping out of my chest and ready to f..k anybody up. Bliksem! after this we kept our eyes on the back of the bakkie and remeberd that we are still in CT. What is the world coming to???
3qw1.jpg

Met up with Jurg and headed off on the N7. Left a wee bit late waiting on tyres for Jurg. While waiting at Craig's i noticed that my front fork was leaking. So i quickly slided the dust cover down and inserted a tear off and removed the dust and sand stuck under the fork. So if you ever come across this problem then use a negative or tear off, does the quick trick. Never the less we were off!!
5zm6.jpg

Arrived CD brothers who is 'living the good life' Lodge later the day. If you are looking for good food and good accommodation on the oranje river this is the place you want to stay at. Best host ever. Dont get better than this. Details on the web.
https://www.orlodge.iway.na/
Johan then took us for a 60 km lap on the bikes through the mountains in Noordoever which was spills.
6tn1.jpg

Sun then started to set so we were off for more cold beers and the SA famous braai.
7it3.jpg

Part 2 to follow with plenty more photos. Rightersveld to McDoughals bay.
Stay tuned in for more action.