My Business Trip Day 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clockwork Orange

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Day 2 saw me departing from Springbok towards Aggeneys. This section of road was tar unfortunately. After Aggeneys it was back on the dirt. The condition of tyhe road started offas a huge gravel highway and I was able to really vikkel at first. But soon you enter farm roads which got a bit sandy and ever so often I crossed dry drifts and river beds which can very easily catch you out.

From there it was off to Kakamas, Keimoes and then Upington. Between Keimoes and Upington I did a fantastic detour on dirt roads around Kanon Eiland. Beautiful area!

Crossing the Orange River.

I then headed up to the Augrabies Waterfalls where I was to spend the night. The falls were really impressive and all in all I had a wonderful time at the lodge. I bumped into a couple on a 1200Adv who had been travlelling all around SA and had been on the road for over 2 weeks at that point.

I woke up the following morning with a huge baboon comfortably seated on the Katoom. At least he had good taste. I tried to grab the camera and get a pic but as soon as I lifted it up he jumped off. Would have made a great pic. :D

Day 3 will follow soon :)