Vaal Dam Breakfast run 12 Feb 06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
So today we did a breakfast run to go and see the water flowing out the Vaaldam, as they have opened 4 of the sluices.
The response to my invite was not met very enthusiastically, as only Funacide responded apart from Excalibur & Larrysleguana that I invited along for the ride, so I decided to invite my speedbike mates along to join in the fun. All in all we turned out to be 9 bikes so it was a nice crowd.

Stef & Manie had just taken delivery of their new CBR Fireblades ?06 and Larrysleguana was on his new 1200GS. This bike was apparently christened very severely on Friday night as our ?after work beer? drinks finaly drew to a close at 1 o?clock Sat morning.
Vaal.jpg

Anyhow back to the issues at hand. Funacide had to meet all the new faces, but apparently had lots to talk about J
Vaal1.jpg

Vaal2.jpg

Adventurer send me an SMS, said he?d join us at Blockhouse for the ride, so the party grew even bigger.
Vaal10.jpg

Vaal11.jpg

Vaal12.jpg

Vaal4.jpg

Vaal8.jpg

Vaal9.jpg

Vaal10.jpg

Vaal11.jpg

No gravel roads was travelled as we had super bike company, and soon we were admiring the millions of litres of water flowing out the Vaal Dam. Really a spectacular site.
Vaal13.jpg

Vaal14.jpg

Vaal15.jpg

Vaal16.jpg

Funacide in action
Vaal17.jpg

Everyone was there?.
Vaal18.jpg

Adventurer & Ms Advetures !
Vaal20.jpg

?..and Mrs Adventurous
Vaal21.jpg

with a really sweet sounding 1200GS with Lazer pipe
Vaal23.jpg

Coenie & Floris from Cape Town
Vaal24.jpg

Excalibur, Adventurer & Klippies talking water?..
Vaal26.jpg

So all the Gauteng bikers was there??..
Vaal27.jpg

Vaal28.jpg

??and Adventurer was showing us the rather ?load? latest Think Bike product
Vaal29.jpg
a screaming day glow vest to wear over your riding jacket for all cages to see

After all the phodies we headed for the Flying Saucer restaurant, which was flooded with bikers as everybody had seemingly gone to the dam to watch the water flow.
This dog was enjoying the abundance of water
Vaal30.jpg

Vaal35.jpg

Klippies, Coenie, Floris & Stef
Vaal37.jpg

The Adventurer family
Vaal38.jpg

Funacide
Vaal39.jpg

Manie aka Maniac from the BikeSa forum had struck a bird with his new ?06 Fireblade and the bird went right through the fairing?.
Vaal42.jpg

?no idea what speed he was doing , but presumably not the legal one!

Eventually we had our breakfast & could head back home as I had to get to catch the big bird down to George.

Larryleguana & G/F on the brand new 1200GS
Vaal44.jpg

Coenie & Floris
Vaal45.jpg

Adventurer & daughter
Vaal46.jpg

Mrs Adventurer
Vaal49.jpg

Stef & new ?06 Blade
Vaal47.jpg

Maniac & G?F with bird stuck in fairing on new ?06 Blade
Vaal48.jpg

Funacide
Vaal51.jpg

Fun was had by all and thanks for all who participated.

Get more photo?s https://usera.imagecave.com/tourer/Vaaldam/