CT via Rightersveld via West Coast Day 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTM BIGGER

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So after the nights good food we had to make a decision on whos bikes will be loaded on the bakkie as there is only place for two. The KDX was not raodworthy therefor she was guarnteed a place on the bakkie. The 950s will ride the last 940km back to CT no problem. So who will it be the raptor or the 625sxc. I give up, i will ride ok, my bike is roadworthy so we will head on the tar section. So we loadd the raptor and set off the morning. It was freezing compared to the rightersveld the previous day. The mist was allowing zero visability.

31vg0.jpg

32nt8.jpg

After about 20km the mist just disapeared and the sun started to rise.
Took the tar road all the way from Springbok up to Nuwerus where we then turned off onto the gravel again. By this time we had done about 350km on tar.

34xr7.jpg

Headed past Strandfontein and Eilandsbaai all along this road next to the railway line. Fast dirt roads which are cool and have the sneaky turns every now and then.

35ol1.jpg

We then also came across a snake which was black. It wasnt a cobra so we were safe and left the snake to doits own thing and carried on with the journey.

36ab4.jpg

37af8.jpg

We had to pay to ride along this road. Very fast did roads, i was moving about 150km along these even tho it was only 80km/h i think.

38dt8.jpg

39af0.jpg

40yk0.jpg

41mf0.jpg

43qq5.jpg

This was a wee bit to deep to cross.

42fl6.jpg

44kj8.jpg

We had done 940km that day and it felt as the seat was stuck in my ass after that. I will be buying the comfort seat for journeys like this on my bike.

This was a brilliant ride with good friends on bikes away having fun.