Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WC Traffic Cop - Judge Dredd - Mr Sinclair  (Read 6277 times)

Offline JohanGPS

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: WC Traffic Cop - Judge Dredd - Mr Sinclair
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2009, 09:05:28 pm »
What really gets me is that some farker shoots a traffic cop last week...one shot in the head....di he get confused with the names ort what ?
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

BigEd

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2009, 09:12:33 pm »
What really gets me is that some farker shoots a traffic cop last week...one shot in the head....di he get confused with the names ort what ?

My uncle was the first on the scene. Not nice.

Offline XRV-Boy

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • "Die Swart Gevaar"
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2009, 09:15:10 pm »
sh#t thats not good, I heard about that the other day..
Look matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and Im looking at one right now!

sidestand

« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2009, 09:33:06 pm »
OK
edited
He he :pot: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:51:31 pm by michnus »

sidestand

« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2009, 09:36:32 pm »
That does not matter.................just do something!

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2009, 09:55:01 pm »
Guy's keep it civilised please, no need for this sort of harassment, his personal details is just that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:57:08 pm by michnus »

sidestand

« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2009, 09:58:07 pm »
Please Tell THAT to Officer Sinclair!

Puppie's!

Offline XRV-Boy

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • "Die Swart Gevaar"
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2009, 10:13:31 pm »
+1 :thumleft:
Look matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and Im looking at one right now!

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2009, 10:19:43 pm »
Obviously, the right thing to do is to live and operate within the law.

If you don't like the law,  then dodge it as best you can

Fixed.

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2009, 10:21:00 pm »

Puppie's!

What you did was effectivly inciting harrassment of a public official. A particularly stupid thing to do on a public forum and had potentially difficult challenges for you if the mods hadn't stepped in. Besides the potential legal ramifications, there are cops and ex-cops on this forum as either members or guests and all of them would take a dim view of what you did.

Secondly, fight fair. You wouldn't do that to a member of this forum, so regardless of what you may think of him, apply the same rules to anybody else.

Lastly don't justify your actions with those of another. Be your own best example, let that be your moral compass.
I wonder where that road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. Appologies to Mr Frost

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2009, 06:00:52 am »
 :peepwall:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Online KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2009, 06:10:47 am »
Oke was in his right - forgetting to turn on a light is as much an offence as forgetting to turn on the indicators or seatbelt.  Understand your point about not defeating the ends of justice, but an offence non-the-least. Oke charged you R200 instead of R500 bucks for it, not? - so he may have realised this too.  Non SABS numberplate - may sound stupid, reason for it is simple though.  SABS numberplate is the standard numerplate - it meets the requirement for size, illumination, lettering, material etc etc,  So you either adhere or not.  Else every single number plate would have to be measure and tested to proof its 'standard' ito identification (sadly, for self-incriminating purposes iow camera tickets though, but thats a different argument).

As for his attitude, well that sucked - but so do a lot of other people's - either in the public sector or in the private sector.  Are we suppose to go and harass all of them too?  There are processes to follow to report these kinds of behaviour - you also have the right to follow up on your complaint to see if something was done about it.  I hope a formal complaint has been lodged?

As for giving out personal details of people on this forum - especially with harassment in mind, thats against the rules and frankly just not on.  Sidestand see this as a formal warning ... we can't tolerate this kind of behaviour

Offline N[]vA

• Adventure Geek Extreame!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Adventure Geek Extreme!
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2009, 10:01:07 am »

Puppie's!

What you did was effectivly inciting harrassment of a public official. A particularly stupid thing to do on a public forum and had potentially difficult challenges for you if the mods hadn't stepped in. Besides the potential legal ramifications, there are cops and ex-cops on this forum as either members or guests and all of them would take a dim view of what you did.

Secondly, fight fair. You wouldn't do that to a member of this forum, so regardless of what you may think of him, apply the same rules to anybody else.

Lastly don't justify your actions with those of another. Be your own best example, let that be your moral compass.

+100
So much of win it hurts! ^.^

http://www.adventuregeek.co.za/

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2009, 11:21:20 am »
Jinne ouens...

What did I miss?

BTW, the fine for the light was not reduced or anything, it came out of nowhere, remember...

I will take this matter further with his superiors. Unless they are also scared of him...  :biggrin:

He is THE LAW, after all... :laughing7:

Will keep you informed.

Im not implying and neither did I ever want anyone to go out and harass or harm this oke.

I just believe that all you Capies should be aware of this dude and his toilet attitude.

But I would still like to know what made him so negative towards bikes...
Maak soos Dr Phil sÍ: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2009, 10:30:26 pm »
The facts are this:

Bus did not have a legal plate on his bike, the fact that he rides around with a legal one in his backpack confirms that he knows he is in the wrong.

His light was not switched on, another offense. However insignificant Bus might think his offenses are they are legitimate grounds to be fined.

By Bus's account the officer houding was kak.

Bus if you don't like the fines or treatment this officer gave you take it up with his superiors. It is attitudes like this that get all bikers stopped on Sunday morning rides. I have been stopped twice in the past three weekends, always without incident or nastiness, because I try my best to ensure that I remain within the boundaries of the law. Just last Sunday in Franchoek I counted nine out of almost thirty bikes without rear number plates, now why is that?

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2009, 10:56:38 pm »
The tune is this, or leave this topic for ever more

Did the guy do his job, with a kak attitude ?

Are we gonna trick him into a stop and jump out the bushes and moer him because of his kak houding....hhahahh  :imaposer:

Dont think so.................

Its the law........ and the only thing that differentiates us from the scum, is the law.

Anderdag

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2009, 08:35:34 am »
What pisses me off is the selective prosecution of those with an address and tax number, just because it's more likely that they'll actually pay the fines or go to court. Those who make the biggest shit are ignored. I.e taxis in GP who own the place and do as they please; nigerian gangs who own the city centres and "vacant" buildings; illegal immigrants robbing raping and murdering from their hide-outs in open fields next to rich residential areas.

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2009, 09:02:05 am »
What pisses me off is the selective prosecution of those with an address and tax number, just because it's more likely that they'll actually pay the fines or go to court. Those who make the biggest shit are ignored. I.e taxis in GP who own the place and do as they please; nigerian gangs who own the city centres and "vacant" buildings; illegal immigrants robbing raping and murdering from their hide-outs in open fields next to rich residential areas.

It irks us all!
But as someone on this tread so rightly said" it separates us from the scum" Because others break the law does not give us the right to act as there are no laws.

Anderdag

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2009, 09:13:11 am »
I've no problem with getting in trouble when I'm wrong. I'll do my best to avoid it though.

Sinclair and co. could just apply the limited resources better than to focus it on the "usually law abiding" citizens.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2009, 01:05:52 pm »
Forgetting to turn on my headlight was never an attempt to defeat the ends of justice. It was a basic that was overlooked. With no cars/traffic in front of me I couldnt see the reflection of my light (or the lack thereof) on their rear bumpers. And it was 5pm, not even close to dusk yet. (CT & all...)

So pulling me off for the light, is it not this man's job/responsibility to inform me of that, seeing that its so unsafe and makes me less visible...? Should it not be more pertinent to make sure that my light works (he never checked) and not just get another soft R200 written for the day?

It just confirms that they are out to make money and not to make the roads safer. He could've given a warning for the light IMO.

Maybe the fine isn't higher because of that, but just added to the list of wrongs to make an impression on the courts or whoever needs to decided on a more lenient fine.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)