Lesotho 2004 Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienhost

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hello all,
I stumbled across some old pics of a ride up Sani Pass back in 2004 with my brother when we both had WR200's.
It is lovely riding in Lesotho but being July it was rather cold. We just explored some of the roads near the Pub as we were not prepared as this was a spur of the moment idea.
1st pic is of the waterfall on the wau up Sani, the ice had actualy coverd a section of the pass and it was most interesting watching some of the cars struggle up this section.

2nd pic is of a frozen river, my brother rode along the edges and it supported his weight so i decided foolishly to try ride across it  ;D  well my bike broke through the ice resulting in me getting soacking wet feet  :'(  as always in Lesotho a crowd gatherd quickly, for a small fee the local kids were kind enough to scrounge around and find some plastic packets for me to put over my feet in an attempt to stop them from freezing !

3rd pic . i do love riding in the snow however you cannot see the dangers hidden beneath the snow.

4th pic. me showing that the ice was solid  ;D
008.jpg

The ride was great, the fire in the pub followed by some sherry was excellant.
Please can someone tell me how to get the writing under the fotos !?
Thanks .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 4.jpg