Cullinan - 12th Feb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

The Gauteng bunch who didnt make the Vaal dam this morning went on a little ride out in the NE of Pretoria.
We had a good turnout and the group ended up being 7 bikes with two riders bringing along pillions. Good to see some new guys, welcome thedude and way to go bla-bla for bringing along a BMW contingent.

We met at the garage as planned and decided to head out through Mamelodi towards Roodeplaat dam. Conditions were perfect, the road had little dust after the rains without any real tricky areas.

The scenery
Scenery.jpg

Typical road
Roads.jpg

The group taking a break
Bunch.jpg

The ride took us past an interesting 4x4 track that we stopped and played a little in.
No pics cos I was busy riding and the camera was in the rucksack.
I should get a tank bag to keep it more handy.
At one stage a warthog was crossing the road and got a fright when 7 dual sports came roaring along, it quickly made a dive for the bushes, shame right into a fence. Better fate than the poor bird who decided to fly into my spokes :(
So apart from harrasing the local wildlife, there were no real incidents on the trip.

You get the idea of the fun that could be had out in this
4by4Track.jpg

We rode to Cullinan and had a few drinks before setting out again, Bla-bla did a good job riding sweeper.

Bla Bla
Ryperd.jpg

Parking outside the restuarant
650Singles.jpg

The ride was a good balance of sand and tar and I think everyone enjoyed the ride. Journeyman nearly took out a cyclist, and the only fall was not confirmed as it happened far away at the other side of the 4x4 track. ;o)

Gotta have a scenic shot with a bike, and what about just a bike.
Donkerhoek.jpg

Adventure.jpg

Thanks everyone, it was fun and we must turn left at the wallmanstal road next time ;o), see how far that goes. (in the army I recall it going way past pienaarsrivier...