Alternate route - without doughnuts and no coffee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevgh0

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
So this morning, i left Riebeek west to hook up with Andy and co at the darling railway line.

I started up the bike and walked outside and was greeted by a soft little rain but was assured earlier by XT660 that it was clearing up in ct...

whats the worst that could happen? Hit the first dirt on the back roads to malmesbury, loosing some feeling in my fingers and hitting some clay spots in the road. Kept thinking...this is how we do it! bring on the rain...

Got to malmesbury and went out through wesbank  and headed on about 6km outside where I would have been waited in.

Alas ... 09:34 and nobody...

I looked for tracks and common sence told me the fuckers have already been through here without waiting?!?!?

Road a bit like a demon in some places turning but front wheel tuning me ... err no sir , we going straight, but kept it up and never really got into trouble.

20 minutes laters, riding like fretigne i caught up to KLR and NIVEA who seemed to be taking it easy.  Respect for riding that machine @ 3 times the weight of you bro! Hope your shoulder is okay - that was a nasty tumble.

I eventually passes them and headed on... looking for any nice little puddles i was greeted by fourie - kont (koP)that pointed me into the deepend of the trail - he did the same with Giraffe, KLR and Nivea! (fokker)

I ended up doing something like ...

Yamaha_Dakar6_edited.jpg

Trip then went well, with Wes hitting a buck and thinking that his bike is a HILUX bakkie...

At mooreesburg, my starter button gave me some trouble but Bonova quickly helped me out to sort it out.. thanx tjom!

well so it did. it rained the whole damn trip... kinda got home thinking some sun would of been nice.

I got home sopping wet, but the reward of the hot shower and me parked in bed now ..

is so worthit ...

thanks to everybody who came with... keep it on one wheel !  :thumleft: