Author Topic: Customs  (Read 797 times)

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
Customs
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:23:29 pm »
Yo. I am desperate in trying to find someone who can assist me with the import of my bike. it is standing at customs in Durban for a month now and even phoning customs I get no answer.

I do not need a import agent as i have one that is to say the least useless. They do not clear the bike. It seems that no one care.

So please anybody that can help?
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Customs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »
Send me all the details, it would be a lot easier from SA to chase these farkers than from the USA.
Any clearing agents in Durbs?
You gonna be back in SA now, Zonk?
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline N[]vA

• Adventure Geek Extreame!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Adventure Geek Extreme!
    • Adventure Geek
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
bastids

..... lol oops not the word association thread :D
So much of win it hurts! ^.^

http://www.adventuregeek.co.za/

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:50 pm »
Kurt, I have been sitting in SA for the last 3 months waiting for my bike. i have no words anymore. Customs don't answer their phone and everyone just pull up their shoulders and say sorry. We can not help.

I am out of ideas. I even tried to stay calm for a week now and let God people work. But they don't.

n[]va, now I agree with you. But i still don't get my bike released. Kurt, if you know someone that can help, please please PM me. i need help urgently.
100001 110010 1101010

shark_za

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 03:49:56 pm »
Go there and find out. Only way.

Offline Warner

• Puppy
  • Bike: Ducati Hypermotard
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:08:53 pm »
I import products on a regular basis and I can tell you from hard learned personal experience that the best route is to get a freight clearance company handle it for you.

You are already going to be charged storage fees for the period that the bike has been standing there, and when it comes to the customs docs, if you don't fill them in 100% correctly they will simply reject them and you have to start over again.
They are also not particularly helpful with filling out the documentation if you try to do it yourself.

The freight agencies all know the process and will sort you out pretty quickly. Their costs are normally around R700 for handling the process for you, plus of course whatever storage, vat, etc is applied by customs.

If there are no dogs on the forum that can help you, then give Sanjay a call at UTI Durban on 0313106077 and see if he can help.

P.S. I did see that you have an agnt, but if nothing's happening then it's time to change. No?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:39:56 pm by Warner »

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 04:37:32 pm »
Kurt, I have been sitting in SA for the last 3 months waiting for my bike.

NOu hoe nou Zonkel het jy klaar al die pubs gecrawl en ride reports gedoen  ???  :biggrin:

Voorspoed met die import!  :patch:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:50:33 pm »
Warner, I will phone them. But, i am using a clearance company. But they suck! They just say sorry they are trying their best. Now the clearance or import permit has been issued last month the 19th. But customs do not want to let the bike go. The agents are allocated in Jo'burg and Durbs. they do not know what is going on and it is just not right. MagnaThomson or something. they say that the import permit gets rejected. Again, the people from RedTape (company name) did the permit and apparently understands this and have done it before.

Ek is raadop.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 04:51:18 pm »
Kurt, I have been sitting in SA for the last 3 months waiting for my bike.

NOu hoe nou Zonkel het jy klaar al die pubs gecrawl en ride reports gedoen  ???  :biggrin:

Voorspoed met die import!  :patch:

No I am planning on going back in a few months. Just have to sort out divorce and kiddie issues.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »
Go there and find out. Only way.

My good friend, if i only had the moola.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 05:23:52 pm »
I must ask, if you are going back, why did you bring your bike with you and subject yourself to all this grief?
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:13 pm »
Uhm. that is all i can say.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Baches

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 06:13:59 pm »
Wees net soos 'n druppende kraan. Moenie moeilik wees want dan sit hulle jou vorms heel onder in die pak wat reeds daar le. Ek het 3 jaar in en uitvoere gedoen en hulle sit met al die mag om jou rond te f@k.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
KTM 500 EXC
KTM 690 Enduro R

Offline Warner

• Puppy
  • Bike: Ducati Hypermotard
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:13 am »
Mmm...?

If it's getting rejected by customs it's because the docs are not filled in correctly, no other reason. Either that, or they're not telling you the whole story.

Maybe make a call to the head honcho of the agents you are dealing with and demand a resolution of the problem within 24hrs?
The other option is to get someone like UTI to take it over for you, but the existing agents are going to ask for a "handover fee" to cover the work they've done so far before they give the files to someone else.

You can of course argue that they've done nothing and don't deserve payment as you don't have your bike yet, but that could just drag things out more.

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:07 pm »
Ye, i think I am stuffed. Ai tog. I will wait ...
100001 110010 1101010

Offline lecap

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »
Get hold of MotoZulu here on the forum. He's bringing in bikes, cars, parts and all sorts of other c**p via Durbs, is located on the South Coast and should know all the levers to pull and bums to kick?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »
Get hold of MotoZulu here on the forum. He's bringing in bikes, cars, parts and all sorts of other c**p via Durbs, is located on the South Coast and should know all the levers to pull and bums to kick?

thanks bro. will do.
100001 110010 1101010