Bloem-Karoo via some great adventurous roads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william wallace

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
With a week open before the June exams I knew I had to do some serious preparation.... I slammed open my trusted AA road atlas.  :mwink:
A visit to Tiervlei, Ysterklip's farm near Carnarvon in the Bo-Karoo, would be the perfect head cleaner to get everything in order for the loads of theories and facts that I was to stumble through for three weeks in June.

Destination was settled. And my first stop also. Dad has got a place against the Riet river at Richie, 40km's on the way to Hopetown from Kimberley.

But from there I wanted to be on the gravel and in the dust and ride some roads I have not ridden before.
From Ritchie I took the gravel towards Douglas. With this road you pass a little place called Plooysburg. It's that genuine one-horse town you heard of before. There is a Police station (nogal!) and a school for the local farm children. With a church and a little shop to finish the most prominent decorations.
The main and only road (hoofstraat) leads you into and then again out of Plooysburg.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 281
  • nr1.jpg
    nr1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 279