2009.06.07 Walkerville Rangers International Braai Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cono

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
2009.06.07 Walkerville Rangers International Braai Day

What an exciting day, had by all who joined. If I did not remember everyone’s name, I apologise. But as can be seen from the photo’s, I in particular was awe-struck by the guests attending a braai at Doctor KLR’s Workshop in Walkerville with the Walkerville Rangers.

To all the guests Thank You for the interesting conversations, the jokes and sharing of riding techniques.

Although the weather was fine, Sandy (Nurse KLR), decided if anyone wanted to jump in the pool to have a swim, it would be no problem as she arranged with the poolboy, David to stay close to the pool and watch not only the dogs and kids, but also to make sure no Wild Dogs pee’d in the pool. It was noted that from other Wild Dog Bashes, like the one in the Free State, where a certain green KLR rider by name of Groenie, pee’d in the river, certain Forum members raised their objections. In Davids opinion, better know as The Hoff, it’s actually good for the pool. It’s a known fact that everyone, boys, girls, gentleman and ladies all pee in the pool or river when swimming and if you have never done so, The Hoff says, it’s a fact that you will do so when in the bath. So, there’s our expert poolboys comments.
WRBF01.jpg

Big things coming to Walkerville in the near future, thus the signs donated by the Walkerville Rangers. Major charity rides, by Wild Dogs to uplift the community towards the end of June / July. Let’s say it will be a ride to sort out the big boys from the small boys. Rumour has it from Nurse KLR, that seeing as she is rather intimate with Doctor KLR, she knows it’s not all “big things” as some of it is rather “small”. I cannot talk for any of the other Wild Dogs, who will participate in the mid-winter “big boys ride”, but I know that I will be riding “big, strong and tall” and will make my donation at the end of the ride to a worthy charity in Walkerville.

Any Wild Dogs, wishing to sponsor a worthy cause, who will not make the “big boys & girls” ride, donations will be accepted. Walkerville Rangers, will have calendars and DVD’s for sale after the event. Again proceeds, are for a worthy cause to up-lift the local Walkerville Community.

Chuckie, the Texas Ranger, joined us for the day’s braai and demonstrated the mount and dismount technique, taught to him during his travels in the East. He claims that he is so “blerry” (word he picked up when visiting Boksburg) tough, he does not need to ride with AGATT. He demonstrated a few wheelies on his bike, which clearly has two back wheels, thus the fact that he never falls off.
WRBF02.jpg

The Walkerville Rangers and Wild Dogs, in no specific order: ,Philip, ???, Mike, Shaun, Graham, Marc, Ryan, Clint, Billy and Texas Ranger – Chuck.
Chuck made it clear that he could not wear the Kawasaki Green, Doctor KLR 082-687-8590 Walkerville Rangers donated cap, as a real ranger only wears a Stetson.
WRBF05.jpg

Nurse Sandy, doing a photo-shoot with Chuck, Chuck wearing a real cow hide riding jacket and Stetson hat. Sandy clearly peeved-off because Chuck just does not smile, ever.
WRBF06.jpg

WRBF04.jpg

Sandy, clearly on a high after getting Chuck to open his shirt to display his hairy chest. Chuck backed into the braai, after Sandys comments about always thinking he had a hot butt. Graham was heard to say “Chuck se gat gaan hy sien, sonder AGATT, die blerry kort gat".
WRBF07.jpg

Shaun, sporting Green Kawa Racing Jacket and Doctor KLR 082-687-8590 Cap, with black Monster t-shirt under the jacket. I thought I was going to a braai, not a Kawa Marketing day.
WRBF08.jpg

And before anyone gets too excited, NO, it was not a Kawasaki or KLR Only day, but a get together of like minded friends, Walkerville Rangers and Wild Dogs, riders on BMW’s, KTM’s, Shell Garage Plastic Bikes, red bikes and green bikes, tri-cycles, BMX’s and I even saw a dik-wiel parked in the garage.
Adventure Riders without airs and graces, some without hair too, who enjoy life.
Who can laugh at themselves, can be the butt of a joke, who will be their for their friends and fellow-riders who-ever they are or what they ride.

For those of us, without English Language Proficiency
airs and graces: false ways of behaving that are intended to make other people feel that you are important and belong to a high social class

To Graham (Doctor KLR) and Sandy (who I will call “Nurse”), Thanks for having us over at your place today, Thanks for your kind hospitality and mostly to Sandy  and friends, Thanks for putting together a most enjoyable lunch.

Until we ride again …. Be safe