Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Where to Go?  (Read 673 times)

Offline Hotspur84

• Bike: Ducati Hypermotard
Where to Go?
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:15:20 pm »
Hi guys.  New to the site, it looks brilliant with a wealth of info.  I'm flying to SA this November and will be staying for just under 3 months.  What I'm looking at is a suitable route to undertake on a dual purpose machine.  Would like to go to Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia etc.  If anyone has any suggested routes, camp sites etc etc I'd love to hear from you.  Also, I'll be looking to buy a used bike when I arrive (probably a KLR 650 - around 30K), so if anyone can recommend any good dealers etc I'd be really grateful too.  Cheers guys and well done on destroying our English cricket team yesterday!!

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
Re: Where to Go?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:41:19 pm »
Cool you are going to enjoy it. Just remember that Dec Jan Feb is rainy season in some of the areas you wanna see and things change allot. Its alo shit hot arround that time. Browse arround the sight and have a look at the planning a ride section. There are quite a few guys planning.
Aslo look in ride reports for ideas or previous trips done..

Ill start
Victoria falls would be a good place to see. Just be aware that some National parks dont allow bikes in :o
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline Horsepower

• Ou Hond:):)
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1100GS
    • mororradadventures
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »
hi you will find all you need on the site, post a wanted ad in the bike related banter thread, i am sure there is a machine around somewhere for you to buy.

if you need any help just pm or mail me, i will help you with some route planning

Offline funacide

• Administrator
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R
    • Mediro Business Service Management
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:47 am »
You cannot miss Namibia, rainy season that time of the year but the north of Namibia is worse than the south...

Check out our ride report for some good camping sites and places to visit.
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=19247.0
KTM 890 ADV R

Offline Aicorner

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 07:21:54 am »
Nam, Mocambique etc are great in between the long boring bits, and are a huge hassle if you break down or crash. Stay local IMHO, see trail riders site http://trailriderreports.blogspot.com/
'81 Guzzi Le Mans
'83 Guzzi Monza
'11 BMW R1200GS
'11 KTM 990 SMT
many bicycles