Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Heidi's are dangerous...  (Read 4732 times)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
Re: Heidi's are dangerous...
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2009, 08:18:32 am »
OomFourie I never had the pleasure of trying the T-exp, but form what I gathered they tried to make it more road friendly with getter grip in wet and dry, so I guess it won't last as long as the old Tourance.

Welsh and myself used a K76 and it lasted quite well, you can feel it is a harder compound tyre, very much like the older Tourance, and I am confident it will give you the same miles as the old Tourance. If the EXP gave you 10k which is about hte same as a Anakee on a litre bike, I am sure the K76 will beat that.

Try the Heidie and tell us, I also have only used the K76 once, so you might have a different view and will be good to hear.  ;)

here's a comparison on T-exp vs the Tourance

Last generation of Street Enduro tyre: the first 0 steel belt front tyre in the segment:
...for the expert rider still looking for the perfect experience...

* The Metzeler patented 0 steel belt technology on front and rear tyre provides great straight lane and braking stability, maximum precision in curve and excellent bump absorbtion performances also in full loaded conditions.
    * Improved compound for high grip on wet and dry surfaces: the perfect combination for long distance journeys
    * New tread pattern design engineered to ensure best on-road performances in all weather conditions

Here's the blurb for the Touance from the same site (green color and italics mine):

Dual Purpose tyre developed and tuned for the big, modern street-oriented Enduro bikes

* Improved carcass structures for enhanced straight line stability at high speed with smooth rolling characteristics for long distance journeys
    * Perfect combination of long mileage capability and great traction also on light off-road surfaces thanks to the specific compound
    * Great grip with light and precise handling make riding easier in all weather conditions

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:19:49 am by michnus »

Offline cracklin

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:50 am »
Hedi K76   150 / 70 - 17  69H  retails for R990.

Tourance , not sure. Any ideas on its price?

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2009, 08:56:32 pm »
OomFourie I never had the pleasure of trying the T-exp, but form what I gathered they tried to make it more road friendly with getter grip in wet and dry, so I guess it won't last as long as the old Tourance.

Welsh and myself used a K76 and it lasted quite well, you can feel it is a harder compound tyre, very much like the older Tourance, and I am confident it will give you the same miles as the old Tourance. If the EXP gave you 10k which is about hte same as a Anakee on a litre bike, I am sure the K76 will beat that.

Try the Heidie and tell us, I also have only used the K76 once, so you might have a different view and will be good to hear.  ;)

here's a comparison on T-exp vs the Tourance

Last generation of Street Enduro tyre: the first 0 steel belt front tyre in the segment:
...for the expert rider still looking for the perfect experience...

* The Metzeler patented 0 steel belt technology on front and rear tyre provides great straight lane and braking stability, maximum precision in curve and excellent bump absorbtion performances also in full loaded conditions.
    * Improved compound for high grip on wet and dry surfaces: the perfect combination for long distance journeys
    * New tread pattern design engineered to ensure best on-road performances in all weather conditions

Here's the blurb for the Touance from the same site (green color and italics mine):

Dual Purpose tyre developed and tuned for the big, modern street-oriented Enduro bikes

* Improved carcass structures for enhanced straight line stability at high speed with smooth rolling characteristics for long distance journeys
    * Perfect combination of long mileage capability and great traction also on light off-road surfaces thanks to the specific compound
    * Great grip with light and precise handling make riding easier in all weather conditions

Well , it seems that the K76 has not been tested like the K60. I think I'm going to order one and test it under my riding conditions and report back to the forum about it. Like I have said, I still want a back tyre that's going to last me 10k plus.  :thumleft:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2009, 09:48:45 pm »
Dalk moet jy die K76 probeer. Hy mag jou net dalk verras!
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Oupa Foe-rie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Oom Foe-rie was hacked by a Mod.
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »
Dalk moet jy die K76 probeer. Hy mag jou net dalk verras!

Chris ........ ek sal jou kontak  :thumleft:
Yamaha XT1200Z ........... Take your soul everywhere and back

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2009, 10:20:16 pm »
Ok fok....hehehe, I am going to try the Heidi's in due time, but if i put my GS down you will know about it, hehehehe
M, no, I have tried them all and the tourance outperformed them all, wet and dry. But the difference between the old Tourance and EXP, was that the old rear was softer and the EXP front is softer. I dont care if I get 5 k km out a tyre, neither if it costs 2 gold and 1 platinum bar,  I want to know if I come out Jip de Jager at 210 KM, with pehaps a 3 car chase from Metro or so behind me and 20 taxis in  front of I will still have a safe joyfull ride home. You catch my drift ?
But ok I will try the Heide's. I am about 1000km away but with all the rain and my farking night shifts , it might take another 3 months.
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2009, 10:24:51 pm »
Ok fok....hehehe, I am going to try the Heidi's in due time, but if i put my GS down you will know about it, hehehehe
M, no, I have tried them all and the tourance outperformed them all, wet and dry. But the difference between the old Tourance and EXP, was that the old rear was softer and the EXP front is softer. I dont care if I get 5 k km out a tyre, neither if it costs 2 gold and 1 platinum bar,  I want to know if I come out Jip de Jager at 210 KM, with pehaps a 3 car chase from Metro or so behind me and 20 taxis in  front of I will still have a safe joyfull ride home. You catch my drift ?
But ok I will try the Heide's. I am about 1000km away but with all the rain and my farking night shifts , it might take another 3 months.

The K76 is not quite the same grip for me as the Anakee, but definitely better miles. Give it a go, what de hell, the more tyres you use the better you know what you want.
 ;)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2009, 10:29:09 pm »
I started this thread with particular reference to the K60... and tonight riding home I realized again... I love them!
I wore down some more chicken strips on the way home as well, never had the bike so low before through that big circle in Dan Pienaar! Lekka! :thumleft:

Offline Dawid S

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • A Quad
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2009, 01:04:41 pm »
Now after all that has been said and done.
Where do I get Heidi's for my 1200GS.