TUGELA RUN---Long week end. A Must To DO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Planned this Route over a year ago. Loaded it on Martins GPS and sent him and Derek on it last year---Hoping they would get lost and maybe find a Wife or something out that way and become Bums or maybe get a Village of maidens for themselves.

Needless to say he has persisted that we do it together and that winter would be a great time to do it. I decide as my birthday and Martin's was coming up soon -----to start planning.

Malibu and Tagsy joined us on this one.( You all know Mal) Anything for a Jol ::)

The Destination. The View from my Bedroom.

dsc00851cyc.jpg

The Start.  Mist greeted us near Delmas where we hit the first Gravel Roads till Ladysmith.( Hardly any tar ;) the way i like it.)

dsc00760u.jpg

dsc00761a.jpg

The Mist eventually cleared up and for some reason Tagsy started riding slower when he could see where he was going ???

dsc00763z.jpg

dsc00764scj.jpg

dsc00765qgh.jpg

dsc00767s.jpg

There was NO DUST --for most of the first days riding.
We had to split the ride over two days due to the distance we had to cover to get to South Coast Natal as well as we wanted to take up as much of the scenery as possible over the two days.
Some of the roads before Vrede.
dsc00768h.jpg

Malibu enjoying Dakota's Dakkie to the utmost.
dsc00774x.jpg

LUNCH at Vrede.
Group pic.
dsc00775u.jpg

The food was great and quite a different place one would not think you would find in a Dorp.
dsc00779d.jpg

dsc00780m.jpg

dsc00782oin.jpg

Fueled up and on the Road again.
dsc00783jci.jpg

From here on the roads changed from wide open to narrow two track and sometimes single track and then again opening up again. We also started to climb more.

A Perfect day for Riding.

dsc00785v.jpg

And the competition is NOW OVER. Malibu wins hands DOWN. HER TRACTOR IS BIGGER THAN Gunda Gunda's :eek:

dsc00788s.jpg

And as for Tagsy  ???

What the Hell was HE DOING  ::)
dsc00789n.jpg

Waiting for our newly formed TAG Team.

dsc00791e.jpg

Martin asking --WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TAG TEAM  :peepwall:( Maybe they went to try out some NEW moves.)

dsc00792y.jpg

Luckily we did not have to wait that long.
dsc00795b.jpg

In the middle of nowhere. And all this Beauty arround you.

dsc00797a.jpg

By now we were running bout of light --8 hours in the saddle :mwink: Got our Daylights worth of riding.

dsc00801w.jpg

dsc00802d.jpg

The last of the Sun from Day 1.

What a way to end a days riding.
dsc00804b.jpg

The BEST Part still to come will post it later  DAY 2 :mwink: