The Trials & Tribulations of SharkZA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
For a while now Shark & I have been promising to get him on a trials bike to give it a go, so when he mentioned needing a light ride on Tuesday due to a sore finger, a plan was hatched...

The finger that started it all
P1000715.jpg

The veld next to my house has some quite good and varied terrain, from trees to rivers and rocks, with the occasional Gautrain eathwok thrown in for good measure, so at the perfectly civilised hour of mid morningish, we set off.

First up was a bit of gentle rock stuff, and a small river crossing just to get up to the interesting areas. Then a bit of a bumpy rock climb, Sharks only comment being "I tried to sit down..."
Next came a small stand of bluegums, offering some good logs to practise throttle & clutch control, and the effects of good timing.
P1000693.jpg

Then on to a bit of a rock for some technical, balancy stuff. Mostly bumpy, very off camber turns, with some quite tight lines needed to get through.
P1000694.jpg

P1000695.jpg

Test time....  :deal:

DOES ZAMALEK AFFECT YOUR RIDING SKILLS?  ??? 

P1000698.jpg

P1000699.jpg

P1000701.jpg

P1000702.jpg

:thumleft:

And the test?, I hear you ask...

What better use for 2 empty beer bottles than a rock top figure of 8 loop...

P1000706.jpg

P1000708.jpg

P1000712.jpg

The results...

Preliminary findings indicate that 2 beers fit comfortably in a camelback, Pilsner Urquell is great, and nothing beats spending a morning stuffing around on bikes. as for the rest, I think I'll have to ga back this weekend for some more testing...
;D

From there it was general stuffing around through the veld to the local quarry, not sure if we were meant to be there though...

P1000717.jpg

:peepwall:

and then up to the Gautrain workings for some hillclimbs...

P1000720.jpg

P1000721.jpg

or not, as the case may be.

Then it was home time, only one little obstacle to get through,

P1000722.jpg

:laughing4:  :laughing4:  :laughing4:

It wasn't the beer, he just claimed to be hot & tired  :dousing:

P1000723.jpg

A quick drain of the carb, a few kicks, and the little beasty was in its element again, theres not much that can keep these bikes  down.

Thanks for the awesome ride Shark, any time you want to go again, give me a shout.