Prudent Riding Please: Please Witness this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lito

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
So a bunch of us were at Doodles today on Blouberg Road right at the ocean, and I tagged along to see who would be there :twisted: and share a cold one with the lads. CO,Kaman,MHardy,MalAl, were there and a good time was had. We naturally spot all the bikes zooming past, and these squids came past at a speed.

I was pretty sure that I saw skin on the one lad in front as his tshirt was blown up around his neck. Needless to say they were not slow. The road is exceptionally popular on Sundays when the sun is out and there was lots of slow (read: 60kays/Hour) traffic.

We made the comments: stupid pricks, they going to get hurt like that. Wheres the atgatt? Dumbasses.

Two superbikes, both boys were wearing sneakers/flip flops it seemed, both shorts and t shirts.

Now for those not in the know, a GSXR1000 can go from 0-160km/h in first gear. You read right, and no its not a typo. The urge to speed is too easy.

Less than 60 seconds later, the guy in front was dead.

What happened here was simple: The boys were overtaking traffic in the wrong lane (oncoming traffic). A lady pulled into the parking bay - shes allowed to), and as she crossed the road this boy basically tboned her car.

The car was carrying a mom, and her 3 year old boy who wanted icecream (the reason for her being where she was) and her 5 year old girl.

When I saw her, the girl had blood on her, the little boy was fine, and mom had blood down her. The pics will speak for themselves, and are a sobering reminder to be vigilant, keep your head on your shoulders and please dont think your immortal. RIP

This is the arrow which showed that although there a barrier line, she was allowed to take a right turn into the parking lot

This is the scene of the accident

106227916-M.jpg

This chap with the cap and black tshirt is the other guy who was riding the bike behind his chommie who died. I spoke with him, and he appeared to be a soft spoken chap, and there were tears in his eyes. I think a bit of PTSD was setting in and he was worried about the gravity of the situation. He confirmed for me that they were indeed the chaps who we had witnessed come past. This is literally what they were wearing. His dad had come to take away his bike already, for reasons unknown.

106227892-M.jpg

The vehicle which was hit by the motorbike. Containing Mom, and 2 kids.

106226801-M.jpg

Another picture of the vehicle. I am not sure how the front dent came to be.

106226971-M.jpg

This is mom and daughter. Notice blood on daughters face. Unfortunately the cellcamera doesnt show the blood flecks on this side of the car, which I dont understand.

I spoke to her too, and she was handling this amazingly well. She said that she had come to get icecream for her kid, as a treat. She never saw the bike coming whatsoever, despite looking into her rearview mirror, etc. The lady behind did see, and started to scream at her to stop but it was too late.

106227173-M.jpg

The bike

106227378-M.jpg

106227524-M.jpg

bits and pieces left on the road

106227719-M.jpg

I heard comments but cannot confirm from the people involved, if their was any flames. This is the exact spot, the sand seems to be there to soak up fluids.

106227856-M.jpg