Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Prudent Riding Please: Please Witness this  (Read 3178 times)

Offline chuky1

• http://www.oc.co.za
Prudent Riding Please: Please Witness this
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 08:55:45 pm »
The boy who crashed name is Richard Logie, and was a good friend of mine, he died at a real young age of only 21, He had that bike just had that bike for a month and his crash was simple due to inexperance. He should of had his jacket and gloves but most of all his helmet was not tied properly, We found it lying a good few meters with not a scratch on it.

Hell be missed by all his friends and family

Offline TonyN

• Pack Dog
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 09:02:35 pm »
Quote from: "chuky1"
The boy who crashed name is Richard Logie, and was a good friend of mine, he died at a real young age of only 21, He had that bike just had that bike for a month and his crash was simple due to inexperance. He should of had his jacket and gloves but most of all his helmet was not tied properly, We found it lying a good few meters with not a scratch on it.

Sorry for your loss, I don't think the gear would have helped much but the riding maybe......still......very sad. RIP :cry:
URL=http://www.thinkbike.co.za][/url]

http://capebiker.proboards45.com
www.rideagain.co.za

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 08:52:33 am »
Thanks for the info Chuky. Welcome here.

Enough said about the incident. Hopefully some will learn from the experience.

Once again our condolences. Very sad.
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Reg

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Failure is not an option.
    • GDI
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2006, 10:14:28 am »
Hey Chucky

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and his family.  Perhaps it's blessing that his helmet was not secured, fate is a strange thing?

It's bad out on the roads, this week had been eventfull, My neice was t-boned in her car, EMT still don't know how she survived, She is okay, my wife hit a dog, and this morning I nearly had a head-on collision. (If I had been going any faster......SPLAT)

Driving in Durban has taught me a lot of defensive driving skills, but that does not make me or anyone invincible. Cage drivers are out to kill us, be sharp.

After all of this I have to touch wood. (Grab my head)
Regards

Reg

To fly is great, to hover is awesome. Ex- Helicopter Pilot.. for now. Past Bikes: XL650V XL1000V (Dero)

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2006, 05:14:40 pm »
Quote from: "chuky1"

Welcome on the board Chuky1.

I am sad to have then seen Richard in his last moments.

I saw the guy riding behind him at movies on Tuesday night and he still looked a bit out of it, I am very sad for him too.

Mostly the Lugie family, its a horrible sad event.

Its a bit of the old which came first chicken or egg situation. Did Richard ride ridiculously too quick because he was inexperienced? Had he been experienced for a few years, he would note that riding like that on the day would have been very foolhardy. Not pointing fingers tho bro, I am young dumb and full of cum too, and have done stupid things before, and been lucky to live to tell the tale.

Had a car write me off too.  :cry:

Blessings to the Lugies and to all his mates.

Offline chuky1

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2006, 06:00:42 pm »
well i think it come down to that richard died due to inexperience, He wasnt usualy so cowboy on his bike but one laps or judgement could be his you last, I would of been riding with him at the time but at this point I'm busy saving for a bike, I have now had to have a hard think about if i should or not, its not that im scared of bikes, thats like blaming guns for killing people, just think maybe i should get a bit more street smart before i do. Another one of my good friends Dietmar (he rocked up at the scene 10min after it happened) was going to ride with him that day but decided not to at the last minute, he says that he could of help stop it but I recon he would of been the one we buried. Dont know if its a blessing or not that his helmet came off, I would of like my friend here but wouldnt want him eat though a straw his whole life.

Kev

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2006, 07:20:52 pm »
:sad5: So many "what if's". Eish, it sucks that something like this has to happen. Boys, please be careful. Save the pride, the hardegat, the "got something to prove" stuff. Think. Don't get sucked in the bullshit the "I am invincible, and nothing is going to happen" frame of mind puts you in. Calm down and be careful. It may just save your life. :sad5:

Offline Treath

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2006, 07:40:53 pm »
Hi All,

Just to expand a bit on what Chuky said ( and correct some of his spelling ) I'm the Dietmar chuk's referred to.

Richard was speeding down Blouberg Rd. He had two drinks in him at the time, probably Amstel's, or Brandy and Coke's. He was returning from a pleasant afternoon at Blue Peter when this incident occurred.

He was indeed chasing down the middle of the 2 lanes - I'm not sure if he was actually in the other lane as traffic was going both ways.

His bike was a brand new limited edition Suzuki GSXR 750, with the slightly different colouring and exhaust. He'd been riding for about 2 & 1/2 weeks on this bike. The day before I was on the back of the bike with him, driving down to Somerset West/Gordon's Bay to go cable waterskiing. We both went in full kit (I have full kit, him just jacket and gloves), he drove all the way to the Engen. I drove from Engen to Blue Rock. He'd previously done a trip to Port Elizabeth on his bike, so he was learning fast.

The Thursday before, he'd had his first close call ( at least with me ) on the M5 chasing at about 160KM and he didn't realise how sharp the corner was just where the m5 crosses the N2, and almost lost it in the corner. Lesson 1 passed.

Dunno if this comes across as morbid, but it seems to me he just didn't make his second lesson. I was supposed to be with him, cause I sure as $hit would have been in front and would not have sped down that road... "What if" doesn't help does it :( Impaired, enhanced - call it what you like - by perhaps some alcohol in the system, I guess at least he died with a feeling of well being.

I believe Richard died from severe trauma to his head and torso area. Kit probably wouldn't have helped, but having his helmet securely fastened surely would have helped.
our mother always said you were special, but yet aren't we all?