Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: In search of BREEDSNEK  (Read 448 times)

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Blue boss.....
In search of BREEDSNEK
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:39:25 pm »
Okay, so as I made mention in Planning tours, it was my intention to finds breedsnek - even if it meant going solo. Well, thats what happened - I went solo!

Left home just gone 06h30 and headed out to Harties, where I would comence my attempt from!!! Needless to say, heading out there was an experience all of its own! Almost got taken out by some clown on a Ducati that over cooked his corner, and decided to take a good look into the whites of my eyes!!!!

Headed into Harties via the tunnel......

From there got onto the wall, but decided to stop and take a look over the wall as well as the water side... The water looked like pea soup!!! :shock:

From there I headed out towards Hekpoort. proceeded to get lost in the maise of dirt roads heading here there and every where.....

After dropping aff a lowlevel crossing back onto the dirt road, I managed to break my tail light lense....german quality...?? :shock:

Decided to head back home after spending a good 4.5hrs playing on the yellow beast. First time that I spent time on dirt, and was totally impressed with the ease of riding such a heavy bike in gravel!

Next time, I hope to find Breedsnek........ :oops:  :D  :oops:
He who dies with the most toys, wins !!!!!

Kev

In search of BREEDSNEK
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:57:02 pm »
Harties... nice riding area. Very nice! :thumbup: How did you break your tail light, stone jump up and bight it?

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Blue boss.....
In search of BREEDSNEK
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:02:24 pm »
not tooooo sure, to be honest - perhaps the impact from the drop off...really cant say!

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
In search of BREEDSNEK
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 02:33:36 pm »
some nice pics there. seems you were on the correct road :wink:  my wife and i were there a little later, coming from the opposite direction. if the weather holds, we'll be there again this sunday. so if you want to join, let me know. i know of others who will also be interested.

Offline brettp

• Race Dog
  • Blue boss.....
In search of BREEDSNEK
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 02:39:26 pm »
Wino, thanks for the directions, but somewhere I must have taken the wrong turn or maybe never kept close enought to the mountain...silly me!!! :cry:  :oops:

Unfortunatly have have commitments that I cant break, but the following weekend will be attempt number 2!!!!