Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: About love, lust and passions.  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Coxwain

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Real men ride a pig...
Re: About love, lust and passions.
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 07:31:42 pm »
Maverick, I understand. Me and the lady purchased an old 1970 Honda 350 CL and are busy restoring it. Let me see if I have a pic, ah yes got it.
Now the chicks can go "maar daai oom het 'n ou fiets". Still in peaces and busy buffing, cleaning and fixing and spending money. But I love it and can just not wait to complete this beauty. His name will be Mojo. Cool name. Going to make it pearl blue (or something like that)

Trailrider, I completely forgot about this post. Thanks for awakening it again. I had to read it as I kind of forgot what I said. So by the way, I think your blog is the best so I voted for it. Should say I read it very often.

Geese I havnt seen one of those in a while...........I used to own the 350 SL many years ago......great bike
PIG LITE....Honda NX 650
Thel PIG... BMW R 1150 GS
The Black Bitch ...Yamaha XT 660 R Black Magic ....Yamaha XT 660 Z
Found my next ride .....BMW 1150 GS ...a mans bike

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 08:05:42 am »

"the man in the suite has just bought a new car
  from the profit hes made on you're dreams"
                                                       (steve windwood)

So true.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline Zatopek

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:08 am »
Hi Zonkel !

Nice post.
Ek dink ons almal word aanvanklik aangetrek deur die romantiek en sg. lewenstyl.
In die begin gaan dit net oor die rit en jou bike, niks anders nie, maar dan begin al die ander dinge en opinies jou aandag aftrek. Dan begin jy wonder en "hoor" wat jy nog kort en wat jou bike alles makeer voordat jy gereed is vir die groot avontuur en dan voor jy jou oe uitvee vergeet 'n ou om dit te geniet!!

Interessante leesstof - dit laat 'n ou weer nadink oor hoekom jy dit doen.
Excellence is not a skill.
It's an attitude!

Offline White Rhino

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2011, 06:49:48 am »
Waxed beautifully, lubricating the neurons that sometimes misguide our perceptions. Herewith exposing the vapour into the solid state, a once retracted supremely sublime endeavour.

Zonkel and other literary dogs, have a squiz at "Zen in the art of motorcycle maintenance", an inspiring read.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Tonteldoos

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2011, 08:16:03 am »
Where's the update on the "Black beauty" restoration?
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Geotraveller

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »
Nicely said

Offline Rooikat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »
Well put, Zonkel! Many are too preoccupied with ownership, rather than the enjoyment of the ride. That is what should bring us together, riding for enjoyment. Its not what you ride but where you go.

"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline kyle05

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • ride it like you stole it
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »
when one lose the passion you might as well hand in keys,KEEP THE PASSION!!!!!!!! :thumleft:
better be dead & cool as alive & uncool

Offline Fudmucker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2011, 11:57:19 pm »
A new generation motorcyclist recently spoke to an old biker. 

He'd seen them all over the years - and ridden most of them too!
After many years he finally had the cash to buy a one of the current generation of techno-bikes
- one that he didn't have to nurse, to repair or to look after.
The new motorcyclist asked the old biker how he liked the new machine.

He said the bike was superbly comfortable.
It was more powerful than anything he'd ridden before in his life.
He could ride it further, faster and safer.
He could pack it as much as he liked.
The suspension was superb and the handling really top-class.

"But...?" asked the newbie

The old biker said sadly: "It just hasn't got any soul..."  :-[

There is something about those older bikes that you just do not find in the current ones.
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 02:49:52 pm »
 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline BiganDaft

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »
Just wasting time at work here, and saw this post, Trailrider linked it from somewhere.
I know it is old, but that is very well thought out and goes to the basics of why I, for one< enjoy riding bikes.
Well written and a keeper.
 :thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft:
Current:
Triumph Tiger 800XC, Triumph Scrambler, Yamaha XT 500 X 2, Yamaha XT550, Yamaha XT600, Kawasaki KLR 650, KTM 50
Past:
Triumph Tiger 855 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 955 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 1050 (sold),Yamaha IT 490 (SOLD) Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold), Honda XR200 (killed), Honda XR 500 (killed), XT600 (killed)

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »
Sjoe. Kinda forgotten about this. Had to read it again. Thanks for the compliments
100001 110010 1101010

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 01:23:47 pm »
After nearly 4 years I'm still wondering whether you were intoxicated or not when you wrote that, Z!  Regardless, it speaks of some ground truths.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 02:00:45 pm »
I joined the forum only last year and glad this thread was revived again.

I was thinking about the same thing recently.  In one way, this and similar forums can be very handy and informative, but on the other hand, can also be "dangerous" to careless motorcycling. 

One rider out of 10 000 will experience a problem on his bike and post it on the forum.  If every day someone posts a similar or different problem on the same type bike, you later start getting paranoid about when your bike is going to give up on you.

Looking back, my best biking experience was in my younger years on the farm with a humble Honda XL 125 and later Yamaha TW200.  We drove everywhere on the farm without attgat, and only put on helmets when going on the tar road to town.  We rode two-up, sometimes three-up and was not just always cruising at slow speeds.  Nobody worried about changing fork oil, type of tyres, suspension or what ever.  Just throw leg over, jump on the kick start and off to the next adventure.
I consider myself a pessimist. I am therefore always right...eventually.

Offline Teapot

• "Ride long Live forever"
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • "RIDE LONG AND LIVE FOREVER"
    • http://www.digitalrealitydesigns.yolasite.com
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »
Very wise words. Nicely put and the truth.
Ride! Ride! Ride!
"FALL DOWN 7, STAND UP 8."
"NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SAY DIE!"

Offline BrandsiekBrak

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Formerly known as Lycan
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013, 04:04:37 pm »
Great point of view, really good read

Thanks for reviving it  :thumleft:
If you are packed for adventure, you can never be lost or late

Previously know as Lycan after getting bitten...
but then became infected

Offline Zonkelmonk

• Whatever
  • Race Dog
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 08:07:37 am »
After nearly 4 years I'm still wondering whether you were intoxicated or not when you wrote that, Z!  Regardless, it speaks of some ground truths.

I can not write these things PUI. I become a real d..s when I drink, apparently said by many. Want to make love and fight and start to sturr shit. Or something. I am normally not there. ;D

I was really gatvol with all the advice and bike bashing when I wrote this and also just came back from the 2 month journey through US with some awesome people (even chatted with a hells angel oak in Navada).

It is very funny that this tread should pop up at the same time as my excitement about the newly purchased BM got knocked by a member. I do not care about people's opinions but sometimes it breaks my hart that people forget that each bike got many problems, but do seldom realize that the rider got more faults. Like me.

When I started biking, I knew nothing and joined BikeSA forum. Then it went dead for awhile and wilddogs was created with some oaks I met on the BikeSA forum. It was Shark that invited me.

And I wonder who can remember LITO? His absolute always-smiling-when-you-fall just got me to realize that falling is the best way to ride. So I tried it. He was mistaken  ;D But it did show me that riding is about the passion and no matter how many times you fall or break down, just enjoy it. A big part in the adventure needs to include hardshit, otherwise it is just another trip.

But again, this article is nothing less than what most of the forum members know and feel.  If you look at the big adventure trip riders on this forum, it is like never that they will badmouth any bikes. For it is not about the bikes for them but for the ability to ride and have the time and money to do it. Meeting people being the highlight.

OK. this is all. Thanks any case again.
100001 110010 1101010

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 08:20:03 am »
Nice post! More or less my mindset :thumleft:
That is why I am such a fan of simple mostly smaller bikes.
I enjoyed travelling with my postie and the laughter never bothered me  :ricky:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 08:20:42 am »

I can not write these things PUI. I become a real d..s when I drink, apparently said by many. Want to make love and fight and start to sturr shit. Or something. I am normally not there. ;D

I was really gatvol with all the advice and bike bashing when I wrote this and also just came back from the 2 month journey through US with some awesome people (even chatted with a hells angel oak in Navada).

It is very funny that this tread should pop up at the same time as my excitement about the newly purchased BM got knocked by a member. I do not care about people's opinions but sometimes it breaks my hart that people forget that each bike got many problems, but do seldom realize that the rider got more faults. Like me.

When I started biking, I knew nothing and joined BikeSA forum. Then it went dead for awhile and wilddogs was created with some oaks I met on the BikeSA forum. It was Shark that invited me.

And I wonder who can remember LITO? His absolute always-smiling-when-you-fall just got me to realize that falling is the best way to ride. So I tried it. He was mistaken  ;D But it did show me that riding is about the passion and no matter how many times you fall or break down, just enjoy it. A big part in the adventure needs to include hardshit, otherwise it is just another trip.

But again, this article is nothing less than what most of the forum members know and feel.  If you look at the big adventure trip riders on this forum, it is like never that they will badmouth any bikes. For it is not about the bikes for them but for the ability to ride and have the time and money to do it. Meeting people being the highlight.

I remember LITO very well, there was a Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde if ever there was one, Dr Jeckyl was a nice guy 8)
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:05 am »

All the time, not only when you drink! :peepwall:
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!