Water baptism in Namibia...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XT Girl

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
As my feet were swept of the footpegs, and I clung to the handlebars for dear life, I had a distinct feeling of being dragged behind a boat with waterski's on.

It all had to do with the fact, that we had been riding since dawn. Keeping focussed was virtually impossible, as each 10 dusty yards ahead of you, vanishes into the next, for mile upon mile upon mile.

road4.gif

So - we used that TERRIFIC technique of helping you stay alert when riding: UP THE ANTE to the point where the adrenaline kicks in, and you're wide awake, simply trying to stay alive.

John was leading, and gradually (possibly uknowingly) started increasing the speed from our usual 60km/h on the loose stuff, to 70km/h and finally, we were hacking along at between 80 and 90km/h.

I LOVE THIS SHIT!! Was what I was thinking, grinning inside my helmet, as every muscle in my body was poised, nerves on edge, dealing with the rapidly shifting surface under the wheels, ready for anything.

Problem is: very soon, very fast becomes boring too. And before long, I was happily humming to myself, mind drifting, as even 90km/h seemed to be mundane...

(click here for rest... sorry... just don't want to repeat already written on my website!)