Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: First blood - Sand in Botswana  (Read 321 times)

Offline XT Girl

• Bike: Yamaha XT 600 Z
    • XT Girls
First blood - Sand in Botswana
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:18:57 pm »
"After the rediculously easy riding on the gravel, John and I started feeling smug: we can do this - what's to worry!"

We swaggered into Maun, well before the trucks, high on life on the long road and ready for some more action.

Once the group caught up - we set off to find a place to overnight. A gorgeous lodge a few kilometers out of town, presents itself: the prospect of a hot shower almost dizzying!

We pulled up, outside a six foot high wooden gate - and when it swings open to welcome us, I feel my heart sink: where the 'driveway' is supposed to be, is just a... OCEAN of thick, slippery sand.

Our first sand in Africa. In a bloody driveway, about a mile long!

Shit. Fancy coming all the way to Africa, and then coming unstuck in someone's driveway, forgodsake!

(... read rest here... sorry didn't want to repeat work already done on my website...)
www.xtgirls.co.uk

XT600Z Ténéré '86 • XT600Z Ténéré '86 • DR600 Dakar • XT600E '96 • XT600E '95

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: First blood - Sand in Botswana
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:55:35 pm »
Nice one  ;)

We have someone on the Forum who has the Party Trick perfected by now---Falls in his own and every driveway he parks at.

Not mentioning names here. But you will soon find out who he is---Clue Ride a Orange Bike. :peepwall:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA